Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Update confusion

I was alerted when starting Pro+ that there is an update available.

I tried several times to install but each time I got an error message to close the program and hit Retry.

I closed Pro+ each time with no luck.

Then I realized I also had Pro X open.

I closed Pro X and Pro+ and it worked.

Default Re: Update confusion

Love the fact that IE has been dropped and now previews in your default browser A BIG PLUS!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That is a nice change! Just downloaded 20.5, any change logs around?
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Love the fact that IE has been dropped and now previews in your default browser A BIG PLUS!
    +0.1

Yet...

...How do I now Preview in my other browsers? Does Xara not understand how designers actually work?

...The Erase Background Guide is still an IE pop-up window.
    ...The external Widgets (*.XWR) are still IE Windows. [https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...18#post622518] & [https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...D-to-HTML-xwr]
    ...The Online Content Catalogue is still an IE Window.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 12 November 2020 at 04:30 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

...How do I now Preview in my other browsers? Does Xara not understand how designers actually work?
    You can copy the local web address and paste into any other browser(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can copy the local web address and paste into any other browser(s)
    Just replace a button click with Close Full Screen to access the browser Address Bar; click in the Address bar; Copy; return focus to main web page; click another browser icon; Paste; close that browser in error; repeat all before; open in Full Screen - now where was I? Repeat for the other five browsers I test against.

P.S. Repeated press of F5 in XPro+ now open up separate browser Tabs.
    Before it was a Preview window Refresh. If you don't think this is important then errors will creep in when using Developer mode with the wrong tab.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 12 November 2020 at 06:03 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: Update confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Just replace a button click with Close Full Screen to access the browser Address Bar; click in the Address bar; Copy; return focus to main web page; click another browser icon; Paste; close that browser in error; repeat all before; open in Full Screen - now where was I? Repeat for the other five browsers I test against.

P.S. Repeated press of F5 in XPro+ now open up separate browser Tabs.
    Before it was a Preview window Refresh. If you don't think this is important then errors will creep in when using Developer mode with the wrong tab.

Acorn
    Dear Xara Cloud...

Again, I am disquieted by the absolute lack of engagement any of the issues identified with the latest release of Pro+.

We have asked for the moribund IE to be removed.
    Fine, we now have the shiny new opening in the default browser.
    Gone are all the prior link icons to my installed browsers from the Preview.
    Gone is the ability to press the Esc key to close the Preview and return to the design.
    Hidden are the IE remnants that still lurk within your codebase.

I have resorted to building some of the functionality back myself.

These appears only on the index page.
    The simplest is a 40px Red Times Circle symbol as a Text Line, Sticky off-page top-right with Link code: javascript: window.top.close();
    A click on this closes the Tab.

I added a top-left "Browser URL" Text Column with Name 'urlB' and Special Name 'htmlblocktext':
    Code:
    <script>
      $('#urlB').text(window.location);
    </script>
    This replaces the blurb with the Page URL.

I added code to the Page HTML code (body):
    Code:
    <script>
    window.onload = function() {
      document.getElementsByTagName("html")[0].onkeyup = function() {
        var keyCode = "";
        if (window.event)
          keyCode = event.keyCode;
        else
          keyCode = event.which;
        if (keyCode == 27) {
          window.top.close();
        }
      }
    }
    </script>
    Pressing the Esc key closes the Tab.

I include a failing script that does not yet copy the Tab URL to the Global Clipboard.
    Code:
    <script>
    var dummy = document.createElement('input'),
      text = window.location.href;

document.body.appendChild(dummy);
    dummy.value = text;
    dummy.select();
    document.execCommand('copy');
    document.body.removeChild(dummy);
    </script>
    Any help with this would be appreciated.
    The purpose is to be able to open another browser and simply press Ctrl+C to load in the current browser Tab URL, without typing or copying.

JS - Browser Control.xar

Acorn

Works fine in FF but doesn't close in Edge or Chrome Acorn.
    I've added a 'Copy to Clipboard' button to copy the URL into another breed of browser (Source)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Lightbulb Re: Update confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Works fine in FF but doesn't close in Edge or Chrome Acorn.
    I've added a 'Copy to Clipboard' button to copy the URL into another breed of browser (Source)
    Cheers egg for the Copy code.

I have refined it down to a much smaller portion that I will publish back after I work out how to close the other browsers.
    The code only works when launched through an XDA. Pasting the same URL into a browser acts differently and blocks the code from running:
    Scripts may close only the windows that were opened by them.
    Basically, a CopyClipboard icon with Link - javascript: copyUrl();
    and Placeholder code of:
    Code:
    function copyUrl() {
      var $temp = $("<input>");
      var $url = $(location).attr('href');

$("body").append($temp);
      $temp.val($url).select();
      document.execCommand("copy");
      $temp.remove();
    }
    I have removed the bang (!) from !Assistance (I am now naming it Dev Mode) so it can be visible for developing and hidden for production.
    I have a Copy Clipboard & a Close icon and I dumped the code for the current URL and put them Sticky off-page to minimise overloading the page (unlike Xara with its Presentation Key pop-up!).

Acorn