Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Strange phenomenon: Alignment to objects no longer works - Compress text objects

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the green outline maybe because you have created a text inside object, by clicking on the object when in text tool [this behaviour is not in version 12] - I never use this, can't remember how to switch it off, maybe somone else can; if I do it by accident I swear and hit ctrl+z

Yes, indeed, it is very annoying when that happens.

Default Re: Strange phenomenon: Alignment to objects no longer works - Compress text objects

right click on the lock and untick smart transform should fix that in ver 15.1
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom66 View Post
    OMG! Thanks a lot that it was. Clicking on it did make rectangle full blue and the blue lines work again :-) Never seen before that this is there possible to switch on/off.
    But I still have the problem that I can not scale text objects non-proportional (even I deactivate the "lock" icon in top bar).

Update: Just found out that when using "ALT" hold during text manipulation I can scale it non-proportional (like before). But without holding ALT key down not. THis effect I can not remeber before in X 15.1. Is there still someting switched "wrong" on or off? I think this all happened from this recently crash with the one corrupted file. Bcs. I did not switch there anything.

a lot of changes between ver 12 and ver 15.1 - did unticking smart transform make it more like ver 12 ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    a lot of changes between ver 12 and ver 15.1 - did unticking smart transform make it more like ver 12 ?
    If I deactivate the blue rectangle at the bottom right and try not to scale the text proportionally, it will appear as a new scaled "outline" ("preview") but will return to its original shape after releasing the mouse. Pressing the ALT-key at the same time makes it work.

Update: Just found out that when using "ALT" hold during text manipulation I can scale it non-proportional (like before). But without holding ALT key down not. THis effect I can not remeber before in X 15.1. Is there still someting switched "wrong" on or off? I think this all happened from this recently crash with the one corrupted file. Bcs. I did not switch there anything.
    You have discovered and fallen foul to the Squishy Squashy Saga: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...form-option-do.
    There aree reams of moans about this one change,

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If I deactivate the blue rectangle at the bottom right and try not to scale the text proportionally, it will appear as a new scaled "outline" ("preview") but will return to its original shape after releasing the mouse. Pressing the ALT-key at the same time makes it work.
    But there must be something that can be switched on/off that causes this "new" effect that it only works together with the ALT key. Because I have already done a lot of documents, graphics and websites with the v 15.1. Already over these 2 years I have made at least more than 1.000 files and often enough text not scaled proportionally - and without pressing the ALT-key at the same time. Strange somehow.

you are confusintg the live drag and the 'lock' on the infobar

leave the live drag on - it has nothing to do with the resizing, just the blue lines

right click the aspect ratio lock on the selct tool infobar to untick smart transform
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You have discovered and fallen foul to the Squishy Squashy Saga: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...form-option-do.
    There aree reams of moans about this one change,

Acorn
    OMG! Thanks a lot Acorn and handrawn! Who could have known this :-) Again another abstract, somewhere "hidden" function and even after 15 years of XARA (since Extreme Pro) learned something
    new ... right click on the lock icon in topbar and deactivate "smart transform" brought back the "old" well known behaviour.

TomTom66

it appears that the pointy-heads at xara do not belive in fexlibility of design, they prefer a 'take-it-or-leave-it-from-our-range-of-options' approach - sure some options also have options, but if you want to go beyond that you are often on your own... that was the squishy-squashy affair ina nutshell

glad you are now back to how you want it
    Nothing lasts forever...