Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Strange phenomenon: Alignment to objects no longer works - Compress text objects

Here the 2 versions. The older one workes. Problem is with newer one. No updates or other was applied.

Older: Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50843 DL x64 Jul 17 2017

Newer: Xara Designer Pro X15.1.1.54376 CD x64 Aug 17 2018 (with problem)

Default Re: Strange phenomenon: Alignment to objects no longer works - Compress text objects

at the bottom of your xara screen on the right of the status bar you shoulkd see a button with an arrow on a blue rectangle outline, live drag, double click this.. it looks to me like you have it off in version 15.1
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

the green outline maybe because you have created a text inside object, by clicking on the object when in text tool [this behaviour is not in version 12] - I never use this, can't remember how to switch it off, maybe somone else can; if I do it by accident I swear and hit ctrl+z
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the green outline maybe because you have created a text inside object, by clicking on the object when in text tool [this behaviour is not in version 12] - I never use this, can't remember how to switch it off, maybe somone else can; if I do it by accident I swear and hit ctrl+z

Yes, indeed, it is very annoying when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom66 View Post
    Here the 2 versions. The older one workes. Problem is with newer one. No updates or other was applied.

Older: Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50843 DL x64 Jul 17 2017

Newer: Xara Designer Pro X15.1.1.54376 CD x64 Aug 17 2018 (with problem)

OMG! Thanks a lot that it was. Clicking on it did make rectangle full blue and the blue lines work again :-) Never seen before that this is there possible to switch on/off.
    But I still have the problem that I can not scale text objects non-proportional (even I deactivate the "lock" icon in top bar).

right click on the lock and untick smart transform should fix that in ver 15.1
    Nothing lasts forever...

OMG! Thanks a lot that it was. Clicking on it did make rectangle full blue and the blue lines work again :-) Never seen before that this is there possible to switch on/off.
    But I still have the problem that I can not scale text objects non-proportional (even I deactivate the "lock" icon in top bar).

Update: Just found out that when using "ALT" hold during text manipulation I can scale it non-proportional (like before). But without holding ALT key down not. THis effect I can not remeber before in X 15.1. Is there still someting switched "wrong" on or off? I think this all happened from this recently crash with the one corrupted file. Bcs. I did not switch there anything.

a lot of changes between ver 12 and ver 15.1 - did unticking smart transform make it more like ver 12 ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    a lot of changes between ver 12 and ver 15.1 - did unticking smart transform make it more like ver 12 ?
    If I deactivate the blue rectangle at the bottom right and try not to scale the text proportionally, it will appear as a new scaled "outline" ("preview") but will return to its original shape after releasing the mouse. Pressing the ALT-key at the same time makes it work.

If I deactivate the blue rectangle at the bottom right and try not to scale the text proportionally, it will appear as a new scaled "outline" ("preview") but will return to its original shape after releasing the mouse. Pressing the ALT-key at the same time makes it work.
    But there must be something that can be switched on/off that causes this "new" effect that it only works together with the ALT key. Because I have already done a lot of documents, graphics and websites with the v 15.1. Already over these 2 years I have made at least more than 1.000 files and often enough text not scaled proportionally - and without pressing the ALT-key at the same time. Strange somehow.