Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Strange phenomenon: Alignment to objects no longer works - Compress text objects also

Hello,

I have some strange problem :-( as the headline says: The function "Alignment to objects" no longer works in Designer Pro X. So for example if you layout text objects or forms you do not see the blue lines for (possible) alignements anymore. Of course the function is switched to "on". Even as a long time Xara user (from Extreme Pro on) I never did have had such issue. I have 2 installations since longer times on my machine. On the older version Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50843 DL x64 Jul 17 2017 I did keep all works still well, on the some newer Xara Designer Pro X 15.1.1.54376 CD x64 Aug 17 2018 it is gone. Also I did realize I can no more longer compress text objects means make text height higher or lower (compressing) without maintaining proportion.

I did not change anything in the settings or update the program also nothing on the PC. The only thing what happened was that one XAR file did did become corrupt because of some error with one font set, so the program closed. I startet all new several time nothing changes. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

TomTom66

Default Re: Strange phenomenon: Alignment to objects no longer works - Compress text objects

Tom, it is possible your linkage to required code libraries has been corrupted.

Run you application once with admin privileges. (Right-click, pick Run as administrator).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Strange phenomenon: Alignment to objects no longer works - Compress text objects

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Tom, it is possible your linkage to required code libraries has been corrupted.

Run you application once with admin privileges. (Right-click, pick Run as administrator).

Acorn

Hello Acorn,

thanks, but did just try this and did not help. Same like before. I have ofcs several backups (different months) so the question is, may it help to write some specific, selected directories or files for XARA from them back what is easy possible for me? And if yes which?

TomTom66

Do you have snap to object turned on? The horse shoe icon at the top of your tool bar.

With this on I have the blue lines.

Ray

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Do you have snap to object turned on? The horse shoe icon at the top of your tool bar.

With this on I have the blue lines.

Ray

Hello, thanks for helping so far. Was very busy could not answer more early. My problem is different from what is shown in that YT clip. To make it more clear I did make a video how the text is behaviour in my 2 XARA versions.

Link: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYX2l4MNBf

From about 01:50 you can see how these is not working on the somewhat newer version of XARA. No blue lines also. Align to objects is activated as you may see. The scaled text always "jumps" back again.

I know, these are somewhat older version as I did not have for my needs continue update services. All worked fine whole time. Only another strange thing I could never explain was on the newer version that within manipulations on objects or text objects sometime a green line shaped border of objects or texts appeared what was not possible to remove. This green line shaped border was also present during export and printing.

TomTom66

Here the 2 versions. The older one workes. Problem is with newer one. No updates or other was applied.

Older: Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50843 DL x64 Jul 17 2017

Newer: Xara Designer Pro X15.1.1.54376 CD x64 Aug 17 2018 (with problem)

at the bottom of your xara screen on the right of the status bar you shoulkd see a button with an arrow on a blue rectangle outline, live drag, double click this.. it looks to me like you have it off in version 15.1
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

the green outline maybe because you have created a text inside object, by clicking on the object when in text tool [this behaviour is not in version 12] - I never use this, can't remember how to switch it off, maybe somone else can; if I do it by accident I swear and hit ctrl+z
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom66 View Post
    Here the 2 versions. The older one workes. Problem is with newer one. No updates or other was applied.

Older: Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50843 DL x64 Jul 17 2017

Newer: Xara Designer Pro X15.1.1.54376 CD x64 Aug 17 2018 (with problem)

OMG! Thanks a lot that it was. Clicking on it did make rectangle full blue and the blue lines work again :-) Never seen before that this is there possible to switch on/off.
    But I still have the problem that I can not scale text objects non-proportional (even I deactivate the "lock" icon in top bar).