Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fuzzy graphics and fonts

Hi All - just wondering why fonts and graphics are fuzzy. I'm thinking that with the graphics it's because the site is being stretched to fit the screen... but why the fonts? I thought the fonts were vector and would stay crisp. Client is complaining about the fuzzy fonts. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Fuzzy graphics and fonts

Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    Hi All - just wondering why fonts and graphics are fuzzy. I'm thinking that with the graphics it's because the site is being stretched to fit the screen... but why the fonts? I thought the fonts were vector and would stay crisp. Client is complaining about the fuzzy fonts. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    You may have Grouped your text: that turns them into images.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    Is it possible that you have the text grouped with something? This turns it into a image and the text gets fuzzy.

Sorry Acorn cross posted with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    Sorry Acorn cross posted with you.
    No need to apologise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Guys... sigh... I know - what a newbie mistake! You'd never guess I've been a Xara user since 1999! Ugh. I do appreciate the help! That did the trick!

A related question I think. I've designed some images (text and graphics) to be imported to a slideshow (Fade Slideshow Widget). The slides are comprised of a shaded background rectangle, and text and/or images on top - all in the same layer. I have not grouped the text or images, just exported the whole page as either jpg or png using default parameters. The images look clear and crisp when I display them in Windows Explorer and Office Picture Manager, but appear fuzzy when displayed on my website in the slideshow. I design the slide images to be the dimensions required for the eventual slideshow, so they're not scaled when they're imported to the slideshow. Any help will be appreciated.