Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Stock Images after upgrade

Is it me or did the recent upgrade break the image service where if I wanted to put let's say a Steampunk type image on my site I would just search it and it would find it from the service they used and show me a bunch of images to use.

I really liked that service, very handy as I am old school and have a clipart program (20 cd's worth of images) but using the old clipart program is well, old and time-consuming lmao

Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Default Re: Stock Images after upgrade

Designer Pro X update October 29, 2020. I just checked and it is still there.

And I don't think this has changed. I entered Steampunk in the Search box and selected Stock Photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steampunk.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	128264  

I'm with Gary here.

Open https://downloadsv17.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html , select Stock Photos and input Search: steampunk.
    You should get the same result using your Xara Desktop application > Insert > Image > Stock photo + Search: steampunk.

If not is your product correctly registered?
    Try Shit+Ctrl+Alt+1 > Status.

If not then raise a Ticket with Magix.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I'm with Gary here.

Open https://downloadsv17.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html , select Stock Photos and input Search: steampunk.
    You should get the same result using your Xara Desktop application > Insert > Image > Stock photo + Search: steampunk.

If not is your product correctly registered?

If not then raise a Ticket with Magix.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post

Nailed it. It was a tough Shift.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Shows registered

and this is for web designer premium 17.

Acorn, thx for the link to the online content catalog. Works..... It show images by pixabay

In the APP where I used to be able to get stock images IN THE APP still not working - like it does not find and display the pixabay images when I search for a stock photo. Weird. I will just use the link and online one for now. As I said not too big of a deal I have a big clipart collection - just easier to use theirs than sift through all mine, insert a CD and search for the filename lol

Same here .... I'm Registered

You can go to Pixabay directly was well. They have more images than appear in the Content Catalog and you can preview a larger image which is helpful. You need to register I think to download large images but it's a small price to pay for free content.

So the final question is when you are in the Online content catalogue, can you download any other content, excluding Pixabay?

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    So the final question is when you are in the Online content catalogue, can you download any other content, excluding Pixabay?

Acorn
    No, the final question is when in the APP why was pixabay on the "Online Catalogue" before the update and is not now, when IN the app? Why would they remove that it was super easy to install pics straight from the app.

You found the workaround and I could go there directly and there are many similar sites to Pixabay, just was curious is all I do have a multi-CD clipart collection too I can use for free so in the end no biggie just making sure I did not disable it in the app somehow by mistake