Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Uploading mp4's to my website

Hi, I'm using Web Designer 17 pro. I just want a simple (emphasis on the 'simple' !) method of placing video clips (mp4's) on my website. I've done this before but my aging brain can't remember. I've recorded some basic videos on my android and have tried a few things such as transferring via google drive and emails etc, using placeholders and also tried using widgets, but I can't seem to get there . Photos are fine but videos are a little complex Any help appreciated, Thanks, Roger

Default Re: Uploading mp4's to my website

The method I find the easiest is to pop all the videos into a folder and upload via FileZilla (or any FTP program).

Then open Xara and create a rectangle and click: Utilities > Web Properties > Placeholder (tab) > HTML Code Body (button) and paste the following code. Edit the code path to suit your video folder.

<iframe src="https://my-domain.com.au/sub-folder/name-of-video.mp4"
    width=100% height=100%
    scrolling=no
    frameborder=0
    marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>
    </iframe>

The easiest is a simple drag and drop using Windows Explorer onto the page (MouseOff layer) and select "Do not autostart." Then resize on your page.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Hi all -

I'm starting to play with videos in Xara Designer Pro+ as well, and dragged an MP4 from Windows Explorer onto my Xara design page, and selected Autostart. Yet, when I preview the page in a browser the video appears but does not autostart; I need to click the Play button.

I've looked through the settings and can't find where I would enable the video to start as soon as the page is rendered. I've also search here but to no avail, so any help will be appreciated.

Be well and stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by jcnassoc View Post
    Hi all -

I'm starting to play with videos in Xara Designer Pro+ as well, and dragged an MP4 from Windows Explorer onto my Xara design page, and selected Autostart. Yet, when I preview the page in a browser the video appears but does not autostart; I need to click the Play button.

I've looked through the settings and can't find where I would enable the video to start as soon as the page is rendered. I've also search here but to no avail, so any help will be appreciated.

Be well and stay safe!
    Browsers do not usually permit auto-start/autoplay where the video has an audio track. If you have used the Xara drag and drop video widget, you can edit the widget code by adding 'muted' - the video will start and it is down to the user to activate audio in the normal way.

<video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/myvideo.mp4" controls autoplay muted width="100%" height="100%"/>

Alternatively, as above in post #2, you can simply draw a rectangle, proportionally scaled to the h & w of your source video.Then create a placeholder with the following code (in the HTML body)

In the first option, you add your video to the same directory you exported your site. In the second option, you upload a video to your server and call it from there. The second option IMO is the better way to manage lots of videos.

<video width="100%" height="100%" autoplay muted>
    <source src="myvideo.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    </video>

<video width="100%" height="100%" autoplay muted>
    <source src="https://mydomain/mysub-folder/myvideo.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    </video>

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Browsers do not usually permit auto-start/autoplay where the video has an audio track...
    Initiostar - Thanks so much for the guidance. Very much appreciated!

Be well and stay safe!