Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Print Button for directions

Hi All

I guess this has been asked before but despite an hours searching the forum I can`t see a post relating to it.

I`m using Web Designer 11 Premium to make a basic website, trust me, thats as far as my knowledge goes, basic!

The plan is to have a link on a page that shows directions to a venue. This has been done with a separate page thats linked to a button, the directions being a jpeg that has been added to the blank page. This bit works.

I`d also like to have a button allowing the user to print the page off. This is where I`m struggling. For the life of me I can`t work out how to set one up that goes straight to the printer options rather than folks having to hit ctrl+P. Could anyone advise please? Also, I`ve got directions done in both jpeg & pdf formats, which would be the best to use?

As said, sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Print Button for directions

you will need a script for the print button I think, but I say that as a user not a webmaster

if the directions are text for print PDF will be better

btw: a third way of getting print is for the visitor to screen capture directing that output to their printer
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you will need a script for the print button I think, but I say that as a user not a webmaster

if the directions are text for print PDF will be better

btw: a third way of getting print is for the visitor to screen capture directing that output to their printer
    ...or user right-clicks...save image as then print it?

also true

I have no problem using any of these methods, but I think the OP may wish to make the printing straight-forward for the 'technically challenged'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Try with https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...567#post597567.

If you want finer control, read down to Posts 10/11, with a demo file at #14.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the replies! I`ll have a look and see what works best.

Acorn, got it working with that snippet of Javascript. Many thanks! Just one more quicky, is there any way to have the form print withou the `page 1 of 1` and url at the bottom of the page? Its no biggie but would look better and allow the form to fill the page better