Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: The November 2020 update to Xara Designer Pro X 17 available.

Quote Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
    ...and the fontsize in the menu are smaller, any ideas how to make them larger?

regards reinhard
    It seems Xara have found another way to encourage you to buy DP+ to access their High DPI (4K) support. I believe this will then allow you to increase your Windows font size settings without making everything else go fuzzy!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Likely the program icons will have been reworked for HiDPI and the new handles would have been designed on the basis HiDPI is deployed - these issues were originally raised in the Beta HiDPI tests. Beats me why Xara did not include HiDPI in 17.1, other than for its own misguided marketing reasons. There would be no rationale for Magix to exclude HiDPI.
    Last edited by Initiostar; 11 November 2020 at 12:52 PM.

That is why we should hear it from the horses mouth. I am still entitled to get the same updates as + unless this was intentional, I deserve to know if it was or not?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    That is why we should hear it from the horses mouth. I am still entitled to get the same updates as + unless this was intentional, I deserve to know if it was or not?
    Xara's CEO (the horse mouth) has already stated this, that the Magix releases are agreed a year ahead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

cf post #13 above

thanks acorn for confirming at least in part
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Then they had ample time to warn us users on what we are not getting, which they did not about 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Xara's CEO (the horse mouth) has already stated this, that the Magix releases are agreed a year ahead.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Then they had ample time to warn us users on what we are not getting, which they did not about 4k.
    But you surely know, being a old trooper, that Xara has never advised ahead or given any release date, ever.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

trouble is behzad, when did xara ever notify anyone of anything before an update? - historically practically never... and that has only changed since the arrival of, and in respect of, cloud pro+

at the sake of repeating myself I stil get the impression the magix channel is second-class service at best....

edit : cross post with acorn
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

With regard to the new menu font, I wonder if the fact that has changed means the HiDPI capability is already built-in but just disabled, perhaps by a registry setting?

Beyond the Nov 2020 updates showing on the Magix/Xara Designer Pro product page (link in post #2), it looks like (for some reason) Magix/Xara are keeping this update a petty low profile affair. Unless I've missed it, there doesn’t seem to have been the usual fanfare from Webmaster Kate or Rob-Xar here on the TG forum.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022