Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The November 2020 update to Xara Designer Pro X 17 available.

I am entertained to see friends whom objected the move to + when it was introduced, now backing up the plan.

you know maybe it's all just a cover and they really do work for xara....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Just installing the updates now

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I am entertained to see friends whom objected the move to + when it was introduced, now backing up the plan.
    I objected and fought on the price (now halved)[https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...t-with-a-Bang].
    I objected on the failure of Xara to realise its original goal of Designer ProX on-line (it fails to address layers)[https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...83#post601683].
    I objected and fought to the poor delivery of features for all notified Updates (no one else did or rarely does).
    I objected to the fluff and flannel (still rife)[https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...34#post612334].
    I objected to the lack of detail in Releases (Knowledgebase and elsewhere)[https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...mp-Pro-Status]
    I objected to the unstated differences (XPro+ is less functional than XDPX)[https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Xara-Hosting]

I have spent an inordinate amount of time on assessing the monetary worth in chosing the XPro+/XCloud+ combo: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...527#post623527.
    I have run out of objections.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Exclamation Re: The November 2020 update to Xara Designer Pro X 17 available.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you know maybe it's all just a cover and they really do work for xara....
    This friend of behzad, for one, is definitely not a Xara employee or sub-contractor.
    I did get some cash once through an Affiliate Link and I have partaken on testing and gained a licence but I renounced this subsequently. I am not on a retainer.

I would be happy to engage with Xara on a commercial basis but I have always been vendor-agnostic in my professional work as an employee and as a freelance consultant.

My transition to XPro+ has been more the dropping of the obnoxious Magix Update Service than anything else. I think my objections to the Update service are fairly well-documented.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Am I wrong to be underwhelmed by the update? It is of course a .1 update not a full number release update. But the full number release update 17 was just a retail numbering gimmick. So a .1 to what was not really an upgrade really amounts to a bit of nothing.

But maybe the new features are more significant than I realize. Tell me I'm missing something.

I use to excitedly anticipate the annual upgrade. There were always several reasons to upgrade to the new version. I don't think I have been excited by a new Xara feature in a long time.

The web design software I have moved to does a new release about once every 16 months. I started on version 14 and just upgraded to version 16. Each version included around 200 new and improved features that take about 6 pages to describe. The newest version had me on page one of the new features, so the next 5 pages were all gravy. Support is via a forum and answers from the developer usually take less than 24 hours. Compare that support to Magix that sends you and email to confirm that you really want support after you submit a ticket that usually goes unresolved. All this from a company of one developer. Xara could take some lessons from this smaller but superior software developer.
    Last edited by onlye; 10 November 2020 at 04:59 PM.

@acorn

you are worth your weight in HTML that's for sure... where would this forum be without you and half doz others.....

I always wondered whether you did beta... actually I wondered if xara still did beta at all a few time in last few years

You are probably being unfair to the obnoxious by linking them with the M.U.S
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@acorn your a fountain of information and knowledge. Without your contribution I would have been lost in the Xara forest. You and few others like Egg and Gary etc.. Lets all do a group hug

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Lets all do a group hug
    A socially distant one thanks

Acorn

I realy like the new version, and the new Selection UI.

very good!

but i have difficults how the "Improved Rotation Center Handling" works,
    somtetimes the center jumpes around i have no idea where and why?

and the fontsize in the menu are smaller, any ideas how to make them larger?

regards reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.