Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Info Re: The November 2020 update to Xara Designer Pro X 17 available.

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    I have notice that I can not download the new design gallery. When I click on download all nothing happens.
    Ray, by any chance are you blocking the nasty Magix promotions?
    If so, this might be blocking other on-line accesses.
    I removed my blocks, immediately got the New Update offer, and Download All works fine.
    Re-blocking when my downloads are done.

Content Installer is nothing to do with any other updating; it is a bad legacy approach to providing items otherwise not included in a download. Legacy, as it all used to fit onto CDs and Xara decided a massive download was too hard to address.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: The November 2020 update to Xara Designer Pro X 17 available.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Attachment 128261So are you saying for this much money, the 4k is not included?
    I doubt MagiXara would say that. Rather, you'll get it eventually as another "triumph" to reel in yet more punters.

Save the pain, spend your cash on the Xara Pro+ / Xara Cloud+ combo.
    Yes, it is SUBSCRIPTION but after a year got back to Magix by all means if the updates and feature you need are there.
    Nothing lost and you save dosh.

Magix and Xara are probably ding-donging around while Xara is doing its best to force out XPro+ too cut out Magix.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

it is my understanding that xara cannot tell magix when to release, or for that matter what specific features to include as such; it is all subject to mutual agreement and is planned way in advance, the lead time long

xara of course can update pro+ more or less straight away

and you save dosh
    I am not sure I see how that would work, probably missing something...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am not going to rent a software. I will wait until my current 1 year sub expires and then will take off or stick around and not upgrade until something major happens to xara. The current updates are nothing more than a few christmas decorations. I am not bashing xara, been a user for almost 3 decades so do not read into this too much. But I can recall how excited xara was when they married magix and shorlty afterwards a divorce that is holding assests from us users. This totally sucks, if this is the case. Maybe someone from xara should comment?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it is my understanding that xara cannot tell magix when to release, or for that matter what specific features to include as such; it is all subject to mutual agreement and is planned way in advance, the lead time long
    xara of course can update pro+ more or less straight away
    I am not sure I see how that would work, probably missing something...
    I was replying specifically to the New Purchase screenshot. The buy-in price to XPro+ is almost equal to the Update Service cost Magix is asking if you already have XDPX.
    I would not shell out that much to go from XWD(P) to XDPX, I would rather spend half the amount and go XPro+.

I fail to understand the grief over a subscription that I have suggested is for a year only (unless you are happy with it) and
    For those who already have an expired, permanent licence through the MagiXara delivery you still get to keep this while you are paying for delivered updates, including 4k, through Pro+.
    At the end of a year you can buy back into MagiXara and you might be lucky to get all the updates you need.
    Sticking with the much-maligned "Update Service" or not upgrading at all just make the wait all the longer.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I am not going to rent a software.
    All software is a rental unless to stop the clock and freeze your PC, operating system and your browser software as when these die or change, you have to upgrade or the software just stop.
    Visualising something is equally a dead end.

Acorn

Acorn,

I have not seen the Magix promotions in a while so maybe I am. Not sure where I would of done this other than selecting a box and tell it not show again.

Ray

for example:

you take out a subscription, you find you really do not want to go back to having no 4K, even though you managed without it before

xara have still not fed the 4K into the magix channel, and so you are stuck with the sub - xara have no incentive to feed the 4K ionto the magix channel if it 'encourages' users to take out pro+

the more people take out the sub, the less incentive they have....

what you propose if a gamble in that you may get sucked into the sub permanently, and for the sake of saving a few quid spend more in the long term
    Nothing lasts forever...

@Acorn you fail to realize that what ever the price (also converted to Canadian) is too much for me to justify the few Minuet updates that I have seen so far.

permanent licence is not a rent, it is a lease bestowing a defined set of benefits that requires just one payment upfront
    Nothing lasts forever...