Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fit Text to Curve question

The videos on this are very good, so I've gotten it to work well. I have an old fireworks program that has a text offset option. If you fit text to a curve this is an easy way to position it exatly where you want it on the curve. I haven't been able to find something like that on the text tool in xara. Can you do a text offset in xara? Thanks.

Default Re: Fit Text to Curve question

I don't think it does offset per se, rather you can apply Leading to offset it from the line. So there's leading, kerning, justification (left, right, center), indent, as well as manually adding in blank spaces.

Yes, you can.

After fitting the Text to Curve.
    Select the curve and then switch to the Text Tool.
    Move the pointer over the end controls and it will switch from a Crosshair with Caret to a Crosshair with a vertical Bar and Left/Right Arrows.
    Click and Drag.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

click and drag is not exact

is there a way to nudge it ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    click and drag is not exact

is there a way to nudge it ?
    Not tried but have a go at setting Tab Stops first before placing on the curve. You might then have control down to 1/10 px.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks everyone. With the ruler showing, and the text selected, I am able to move it real easily by sliding the first line indent on the ruler, pretty close to nudging.

thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...