Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Font size after upload

Hi everyone.
    Can anyone tell me if there are any bugs in regards to publishing websites where the text shows differently when published, but is showing as fine when viewed in web designer premium, and the test browsers published locally on the PC.

Tried a number of browsers but no change, and had to upload a temporary old website for now that seems OK.

What ever I tried made no difference, tried wiping server and reinstalling website, uploaded another website but that also became corrupted.

Asking just before reinstalling the program.

Xara Web Designer Premium 17.0.0.58775
    AMD 3900X
    Ram 32GB
    RTX 2070
    Last edited by Ore; 07 November 2020 at 05:52 PM.

Default Re: Font size after upload

Could you post your .web file (or a part thereof) for the folks here to see what's happening?

Post Re: Font size after upload

Thanks for the idea, I just added the index file to the attachments, only the one page just in case the whole file is a bit big.

I also reinstalled the program, but no change.

Hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I guess the site that's online (https://onlinetherapyservice.com/) is the old one, right? Do you have a link to the new site you're working on, so there's something to compare with when publishing your .web file locally?

The site up now is the old site, it works, main one just looks very bad so I had to take it down.

I included an image of what the site looks like when I try to upload it

Thinking maybe best to start all over again, just in case the files corrupt?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	128255  
    Last edited by Ore; 07 November 2020 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added content

Clearly something is off there. Somehow the font got exchanged with another. Starting all over seems a bit premature. Hopefully some of the web experts here at TG will chime in, even though it's weekend.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look, it is appreciated.
    I still have hope

Quote Originally Posted by Ore View Post
    The site up now is the old site, it works, main one just looks very bad so I had to take it down.

I included an image of what the site looks like when I try to upload it

Thinking maybe best to start all over again, just in case the files corrupt?
    I published your test file to my server and it looked OK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Website Test.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	128256

When you uploaded the new file did you clear the cache on your browser?

Whatever the issue is, I doubt it requires starting over again; it might be a server-side issue, but I cannot tell from here.

Thanks for looking at the file, I did refresh and used 3 different browsers, the temp site I have up now seems to work OK, but if I upload that index file it goes all screwy.

Could it be server? I have no real understanding of how it could be affected by the server settings, no experience on that.

The other site I put up seems to work okay, so that tells me logically it must be the file, or the issues would be there if it was just the server, maybe?
    Last edited by Ore; 07 November 2020 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added content

Ore,

Thanks for looking at the file, I did refresh
    Did you do a Hard Refresh. Ctrl + F5 ?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host