Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Font size after upload

Yes I did that

I think it is fixed, used a back up to reinstall the server to an earlier date before the problem started, then re-uploaded the website and it looks OK. don't know what that fixed? But not complaining

When I test published your test XAR, it had the file name 'index' which correctly previewed and correctly published on my server.

Is the test XAR the same index page (and filename index) on your new site? Does your new site preview correctly? If yes to both questions, export your new site to a new local folder and try republishing to your server again. Let us know the outcome.

Gary

Good news that you sorted it out
    Last edited by Initiostar; 10 November 2020 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Cross-Posted

Now not so sure now about it being fixed? Did I speak to soon, the mobile pages are not looking good, the fonts are not correct and the spacing is a bit all over the place, but I need to test on another device to be sure.

I think I need to recheck my stuff before celebrating any further, need to go to the shop get more coffee so my eyes keep working

Well the website is up, but has issues, you can see for yourself that some of the H1 headings are missing on the none mobile pages, I can fix that by reverting from H1+ to H1 and it shows on the main site, just seen that I need to adjust some of the pages for length due to me messing about trying to fix things before.

The mobile pages still look bad, not sure why it looks good in the program but very bad on the phone?

This planed update has been a nightmare, still there is always coffee
    Last edited by Ore; 10 November 2020 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling

UPDATE

Not looking good, things are messing up on the website, have to do some work for a while so can't do more right now.
    May need to rethink and restart

I can see the issue is with the mobile variant (from my phone) and not the desktop version (at least that's what I'm seeing).

If you are still stuck this afternoon post a new test XAR (index page and second page) and I'll take a look for you.

Thank you for taking a look, I removed all but two pages, the main index and the Anxiety page before adding the attachment.
    I can add more pages if that helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ore, when i try to Preview website I get a complaing set of pop-ups around the Segoe font. "@font-face {font-family: 'Segoe UI Semibold';font-weight:600;font-style:normal;src: url("XaraWDGeneratedHTMLfont5.woff") format("woff"), url("XaraWDEmbeddedHTMLfont5.eot?") format("embedded-opentype"), local('Segoe UI Semibold'), local('SegoeUISemibold');}"
    when i check where it is used, it has not hits at all.

I do not, however, think this is the problem.
    It will be caching on the server.
    I always end up asking if you have Cloudflare?
    If so, there is a Dev mode that purges the server cache.
    Service Providers may offer similar so you need to check with them how to purge.

I suggest you publish you design to a fresh (sub-folder0 location and check that it is all OK.
    If so, it is definitely server caching.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK I've uploaded your test doc to my server and it works on the desktop and mobile (for the pages you included) https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/ztest/

I re-looked at what you have on your server (assuming it started life with the same doc as you sent me) https://onlinetherapyservice.com/ - your new doc would appear not to be correctly overwriting the previous version.

The problem could be the Xara upload process has gone AWOL or you are not uploading to the target directory. For starters, I would export the doc to a new local folder; from there use an FTP programme of your choice and directly upload your doc to your server, test on both desktop and mobile. Alternatively, you could try saving the doc under a different name, exporting it to new local folder and try publishing it in the usual way.

A side-issue, unrelated, on the index page you have 3 rectangles on the Pasteboard - I reset this to 1 and moved your top-of-page link (it was sitting underneath the menu on my screen).

@Acorn - very good point about Cloudflare
    Last edited by Initiostar; 10 November 2020 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Cross_Posted