Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I have an issue with files names when exporting website

I use Xara Pro x 17 and am having issues with trying to upload files to my web host. when i try to export the website, i get some image files {.pngs) that will have @2x.png as the file name. When I try and upload them to the webhost site, I get a message that the file has a bad file name.
    Is there anything I can do in Xara to remove the odd naming convention on the files and if so how so that I won't have issues moving forward?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file name issue.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	128249  

Default Re: I have an issue with files names when exporting website

Many here on these forums could help you.
    EDIT: I have my suspicions but not having done a website I am reluctant to say.
    Last edited by wizard509; 05 November 2020 at 08:40 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hmm? The designation is for mobile devices and is a higher resolution version of the image. In Web Properties > Website, you can deselect the [ ] Retina (hi def) images but that seems counter productive unless you are not creating a mobile variant.

Maybe one of the other members will have a better solution. Stay tuned.

The @2x format is iOS for Retina resolution.
    It is a standard and not at all odd.

It can be disabled with Web Properties > Website > Other: Retina (hi def) images.
    I would check with your Service Provide what the issue is.

In XDPX17 under Image > Image, use Image Filename on large images to get rid of the Xara numbering.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

i appreciate the replies as it has been bugging me for a while and I was not aware of the Hi res format. Thanks again