Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Placeholder

Default Placeholder

Hi

I thought I had embedded HTML code into my site using a placeholder. While the object showed up in the preview page, after publishing to my site on the web the object had disappeared.

What have I done wrong?

Steve

Default Re: Placeholder

Quote Originally Posted by keggs View Post
    Hi

I thought I had embedded HTML code into my site using a placeholder. While the object showed up in the preview page, after publishing to my site on the web the object had disappeared. What have I done wrong? Steve
    When rendered, a Placeholder should not show the original shape at any time. The grammar of a Placeholder is fussy, so we would need to see it or your website to work it out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics keggs

What is the function of the placeholder?

Essentially is a virtual bookshelf. Visitors wishing to purchase or view an ebook can simply click on the book they want. For the moment I have removed the placeholder and used a simple link to the hosting site until I know the embedding has worked.

What I can't understand is that when I previewed the web page the bookshelf was there but disappeared when I uploaded the page. I have embedded code in a place hold before eg a contact form and it is still there.

I hope this is understandable. If necessary I will print screen an image of both tomorrow.

If you would like to see how it works visit my site at www.stevekellypublications.uk/shop.htm

I am experimenting at the moment.

Steve

So the plug in is for the shelf graphic with books for sale?

Yes. I wondered whether the place holder had to more than cover the size of any graphic. Is this the possible reason why it shows in a preview but not in the live website? I've not had to use placeholders in past similar software. It's new for me so I would appreciate any help to solve the issue.

Thanks

Info Re: Placeholder

Steve, what you have described seems to be a simple Embed a website Widget.

Just give us the Placeholder code and where your inserted it: a big box and in the placeholder body, would be a start.

Screenshots will achieve little.

My test design seems to do what I think you are wanting:
    SKelly Test page.xar

Placeholder Body:
    Code:
    <iframe src="http://book.flipbuilder.com/genmagonline/" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" name="flippingBooks" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat