Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Replaced Icon on web theme not displaying

Hello and thanks in advance

I'm using a web theme in xara pro X its "super foods" I think. Nice and simple just what I'm looking to use as a basis. The issue is that I replace the knife and fork Logo with my own, turn on repeat all pages, add the link but in preview its not displaying. If I just move the old logo off the web area it still get moved back into view.

There is obviously some property I'm not aware of I need to activate etc. Any body know what it is?

Thanks

Tim

Exclamation Re: Replaced Icon on web theme not displaying

Quote Originally Posted by TimBox View Post
    Hello and thanks in advance
    I'm using a web theme in xara pro X its "super foods" I think. Nice and simple just what I'm looking to use as a basis. The issue is that I replace the knife and fork Logo with my own, turn on repeat all pages, add the link but in preview its not displaying. If I just move the old logo off the web area it still get moved back into view.
    There is obviously some property I'm not aware of I need to activate etc. Any body know what it is?
    Thanks Tim
    Tim, the template is Super Food Store (..\websites\businesswebsites\superfoodstore\super foodstore_website.xar).

There are a number of things that Xara is mucking you around with:
    • The cutlery logo is a Symbol.
    • It is a FontAwesome fa-cutlery icon.
    • It is rendered as an image.
    • It is Sticky.

It is the last that is probably what you are not doing as the Repeating White Rectangle is also Sticky & Full Width Stretch and top-trumps any non-sticky object, even when it is above, in position or layer.

I assume your replacement is not a FontAwesone icon.
    If it were, you just right-click on it and pick the Replace > With symbol option. This works because in the Name box, you have type:symbol. Remove that and the option disappears.

To add your logo:
    • Delete the cutlery icon.
    • Drop into place your logo and scale.
    • Add Repeat Object and sticky.
    • Done.

If I had created the template, I would have used the same icon but inserted it as text. It then scales in the browser zoom and it does not create an extra image file.

Xara also fails in not adding an Image Filename to all it image assets in any of its 'business' templates.
    The reason this all rankles is I had to rework a client's site as it seemed to have lots of poor design choices. Today, I find is was based on this Super Food Store template.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Replaced Icon on web theme not displaying

Hello Adam

Sorry for the delay in relying to say thanks.

I'm learning and the info on sticky was very informative. The issue is indeed the white back ground. Turn Off stick and logo appears but is not longer sticky! I tried deleting the original and replacing it but as soon as you make it sticky it over rides the Logo. Still I know where the problem is and can work a solution.

Thanks again

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimBox View Post
    Hello Adam
    Sorry for the delay in relying to say thanks.
    I'm learning and the info on sticky was very informative. The issue is indeed the white back ground. Turn Off stick and logo appears but is not longer sticky! I tried deleting the original and replacing it but as soon as you make it sticky it over rides the Logo. Still I know where the problem is and can work a solution.
    Thanks again Tim
    I'll let Adam know.

All you need do is make the logo Sticky and on top of the White Rectangle.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Opps

Sorry about that Acorn, I deleted the 2 elements then redid them and yay! Its working...

Many Thanks

Tim