Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FontAwesome Symbols

XARA Version: 11.2.5.42127 DL x64
    Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 64 Bit - Last Update:10/14/2020

This has worked correctly at some time in the past. I'm not sure what I've done to "break" it.
    Currently, when I try to add a FontAwesome symbol into a text box all I get is a small square box instead of the selected symbol.



In "Insert Font Awesome Symbol", I selected 3 solid stars, 1 half filled star, 1 empty star and 2 more solid stars....
    NONE of the many symbols I've attempted to display work correctly any more.

The 5 solid stars still display correctly in my XARA web page right now (even though they don't display correctly here with copy/paste??). I am able to copy/paste them anywhere on my web page OK (Filled sars only). The half filled and empty stars do not display either in my XARA web page nor here.
    I suppose this could be a Windows 10 bug. I have installed at least 2 updates sine I last successfully added in a FontAwesome symbol.....

Thanks
    Ron

Default Re: FontAwesome Symbols

I wanted to help but I seem to have the same problem.it worked in the past but not now, sorry.
    EDIT; Continuing I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiw68Y-hPlA

hope it helps
    Last edited by wizard509; 30 October 2020 at 04:30 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I kept looking and found this hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiw68Y-hPlA
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Lightbulb Re: FontAwesome Symbols

TG blocks FA symbols when copied so you should not worry about your Posted symbols.

I have used all my XDAs from v17 back to v11 and all accept FA symbols directly into text.

A possible workaround - in Xara, if you change your Font to FontAwesome, you cannot input any symbols readily from the keyboard but it will work from the MS Windows Character Map application.
    The downside is I only found a filled and an outlined star: U+F005 & U+F006, no half-outlined one.

Version 5 of FA (https://fontawesome.com/start) is quite a mouthful.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, Acorn, that was very helpful.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    T only found a filled and an outlined stars U+F005 & U+F006, no half-outlined one.
    Acorn
    I found the same thing. Two of each.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509