Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro Still NO Updates

Well it has been over 7 months and still no updates on the Designer Pro. Xara needs to push Magix to start living up to their sales jargon about getting updates through out the year on the service contract.

Xara has been making Designer Pro + updates so there are updates available.

I really like Xara but this is pushing me to look more closely at other alternatives and no, Designer Pro + is not worth it where I do not own the software and am only renting it. If I wanted to rent software I would go to Adobe.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/images/...s/banghead.gif

My little rant is over now, I think.

Ray

Default Re: Designer Pro Still NO Updates

Doesn't Xara first need to actually make the updates for Magix to then incorporate into the installer for this to be solely a Magix problem? I don't know where the failure to produce the updates lies. At this point, I think perhaps on both parties.

The only thing I know is that promises by Xara's CEO have proven to be hollow.

this was answered by xara not long ago - they are responsible for update coding; magix then are in charge of compiling the installer, distrbuting and supporting... although if they [magix] do not design the updates that might explain why their support is not always that good ?

there have been some additions to online content I think, also under xaras control afaik, but that is not what I would call an update...
    Last edited by handrawn; 30 October 2020 at 02:40 PM. Reason: clarity
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ray, did you check all the updates that were implemented into xara +? No I do not have nor will I rent into it. If your excited about the updates so far for Xara +, then you got a point about being upset. Personally I do not see anything that excites me to count months for it to be released into xara 17.

Although mainly referring to updated online content, I think this forum post by Rob-Xar (below) sounds hopeful for the desktop apps to receive an update to v17.1 soon.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-October-2020
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

I would not call those new features. To me they are similar to clip art. A while ago Xara promised to work on SEO and website part of things. These updates are more catered towards the cloud users in my opinion.

those were the content additions I was referring to jono, thanks

and I agree with behzad, these are just treading water.. hopefully when the next update come out it will have something worth the money
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hopefully when the next update come out it will have something worth the money
    To quote Buddy Holly, 'That'll be the day'.
    The only thing that is virtually certain about future MagiXara updates is that they will continue to underwhelm.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

'Every day, sreems a little longer...'
    Nothing lasts forever...