Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Developing the Highslide capability

I am annoyed with the way Xara implemented the Highslide pop-up capability:
    1. The pop-up effect is acted on a given image such that you just see the same image much bigger.
    2. The Pop-up image cannot be given a proper Image filename.

This limits matters when setting up an image grid where you want to save space a trim back when is in the thumbnail but still render the fuller image in the pop-up.

The following design overcomes the first problem:
    • Create your Thumbnails and Pop-up Options as normal.
    • Give each a ClassName of "tnn", where nn is a number. Actually, you can use anything you like, just keep each different.
    • Make as small as you like as they are now all hidden in the !Thumbs layer. There is an extra locked shaped them that simply Links to the same layer: this hides them but they still get published.
    • On MouseOff, or any visible layer, add the special Link of javascript: void $('.tnn').parent().click(); - N.B>, the preceding dot is necessary.

Here are a number of examples:

JS - Playing with the Highslide Pop-up capability.xar

Happy to explain how any of the effects are realised.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Developing the Highslide capability

Hi Acorn,
    I really don't get this - on your original, I've taken away everything trying to see what the "guts" of the page is and it works just fine.
    I then duplicated the page, deleted your images and placed 3 of my own and gave them the sames names - now it doesn't work! Really frustrating.
    Once I get the basic version to work, I'll see how quick and easy it is adding say 30 images.

JS - Playing with the Highslide Pop-up capability.xar.web

Acorn - You should be working at Xara.

@LGF it all works as expected for me : https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/HiSlide/

One of the original images has a second name of "UsesJQuery" - I simply added another object with that name.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    I really don't get this - on your original, I've taken away everything trying to see what the "guts" of the page is and it works just fine.
    I then duplicated the page, deleted your images and placed 3 of my own and gave them the sames names - now it doesn't work! Really frustrating.
    Once I get the basic version to work, I'll see how quick and easy it is adding say 30 images.

JS - Playing with the Highslide Pop-up capability.xar.web
    Your atached file doesn't have anything on MO/O layers to fire up the Highslider display.

I did forget to mention the calling Links expect jQuery and I slipped a UsesJQuery Name into my design early on - Initiostar (thanks) spotted my oversight!
    Also jQuery was activated on mine as I had used Web Animation on the two beach images.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - You should be working at Xara.
    Gary, well someone should.

Acorn

Gary, well someone should.

Info Re: Developing the Highslide capability

the second part of my play is a little complex but worth it.

Presently, you as stuck with a Width of the Pop-up that can be set individually.
    Tedious but all right.
    What you cannot affect is the Image Filename of the pop-up.

Here is my workaround:
    • On the !Thumbs layer, change the pop-up Width of all the images to a paltry 64px. This doesn't matter as you are going to replace them on the fly.
    • Note the ClassName of each - I used tnn.
    • Add the following jQuery statements to the Page code (body):
      Code:
      $('.t01').parent()[0].href = "../images/index_htm_files/pb1@2x.jpg"
      $('.t02').parent()[0].href = "../images/index_htm_files/pb2@2x.jpg"
      $('.t03').parent()[0].href = "../images/index_htm_files/pb3@2x.jpg"
      $('.t04').parent()[0].href = "../images/index_htm_files/pb4@2x.jpg"
      $('.t05').parent()[0].href = "../images/index_htm_files/pb5@2x.jpg"

These new images can be published in a separate Xara design file with proper Image Filenames instead of just pbnn.
    If you have originals at 9000 x 6400px size, they will present in the Highslide viewer at that size so you need to publish through Xara or resample to the width you need.

I would not recommend putting them into an !Images layer as Xara then has them as part of the design file; keep them separate (they can be anywhere).

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    @LGF it all works as expected for me : https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/HiSlide/

One of the original images has a second name of "UsesJQuery" - I simply added another object with that name.

@Initiostar -so I add "UsesJQuery" as a second name on one of my pics?
    OK, I've added a rectangle to the Mouse Off layer and has a name : UsesJQuery. - Makes no difference...

@Acorn - file has mouse off layer - I've added a Mouse over layer to the "View Slide Show" - still no difference...

Finding this very frustrating....

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    @Initiostar -so I add "UsesJQuery" as a second name on one of my pics?
    OK, I've added a rectangle to the Mouse Off layer and has a name : UsesJQuery. - Makes no difference...
    @Acorn - file has mouse off layer - I've added a Mouse over layer to the "View Slide Show" - still no difference...
    Finding this very frustrating....
    LGF, you didn't apply Image > Pop-up to the very thing needed to launch the Slideshow.

On !Thumbs, select the third image, ClassName t03, and tick Photo pop-up in Web Properties > Image.

It then works like a charm.

Acorn