Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: HP Ink Cartridges - How can they stay in business

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    The cost of the ink was a reason I went away from HP for my work printer. I went with the Epson EcoTank series and really like it. With 4517 prints I am still on my first bottles of inks in the printer. Black and Cyan are still 1/4 tank and the other Magenta and yellow are still 1/2 full. This is after a year. The printer even came with an extra set of ink bottles that I have waiting on the shelf.

Ray
    It's all down to peoples use-case.

Your setup would be very uneconomical for me, but it's great for you.

Ray - Looks interesting but this looks like the opposite of give the the razor, sell them the blades. It's sell them the razor at full price and give them the ink. My HP is new but when the time comes to replace I'll consider the eco tank option. Cartridges are also a hassle to recycle.

I did think of ecotank last year when my first brother went B.E.R. but word was the A3 model was to be discontinued [has now been] and I had some reservations about possible ink contamination

[...plus I'd have needed seperate A3 scanner]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Received my second of three cartridges last night via FedEx. The third should be coming any day now.

its hard when you don't have any inkling of when to expect it ....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    its hard when you don't have any inkling of when to expect it ....
    .....inkling

classic, Steve, thanks for making me chuckle!
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

bob - i have this vision of a depot somewhere in the new mexico desert where fedex are trying desperately to herd a shed full of recalcitrant inklings into vans for delivery... I'm a cartoonist, what more can I say
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hat trick. The third cartridge arrived today in the third FedEx separate shipment. All I can say is I am glad I am not invested in HP.

being serious for a moment gary - is this normal or just a one off, because from a logistics point of view multiple deliveries are sometimes more efficient than spending time collecting into one.. and if HP have the right sort of contract with fedex, which they have the clout to get, it may not actually cost them any more, on the bottom line
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve - I think this is SOP with HP. Obviously it works for them. When I got this new printer, I had some left over ink from the last printer. I contacted HP and they said they would swap my old ink for new. And they sent it the same way.

When we had our business in San Francisco in the 80s-90s, after the big earthquake that damaged the Bay Bridge to Oakland, we had to get materials to our clients on the other side of the bay.

Same idea. We used FedEx. FedEx would pick up at our office, take the package to San Francisco Airport, fly it to their hub in Tennessee, then fly it back to Oakland. It would get there (there being under 10 miles from our office) first thing the next morning. Crazy. But somehow this worked for them.