Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Background colour not showing on Microsoft Edge Browser ?

I am using Xara web designer premium and I am having a problem were the colour I choose for my background is not showing on the edge browser. It works fine on Firefox, Chrome and even the old IE but not edge.

I have selected a dark background but it just shows as white on edge. Funny enough if I choose certain colours like bright red it works fine ??

My website

https://www.johnyoungphotography.co.uk

(check it on firefox or chrome on how it should look and then try it on Edge)

Default Re: Background colour not showing on Microsoft Edge Browser ?

Works fine on Edge for me. Have you tried ctrl+F5 to clear the cache?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	John Young.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	128175

Thanks for taking the time to check and reply. Well maybe its just something to do with my edge which is a relief. I don't use edge but I know its getting more popular so want my site working for it.

Tried the Ctrl+F5 and it still looks the same for me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-26 112732.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	128176

I just had a nosey through your portfolio...I have this sudden urge to get married again.

Thank you and very kind of you - Yeah love my job BUT its not happening at the moment. Only done a few weddings this year and they were strange. Everything else was postponed. BUT health is way more important and I have my wife who is a nurse to worry about

Ah yes, you're in the UK. I don't want to sound pretentious, but I tend to forget about the restrictions as we're pretty much virus free - 4 active cases in Queensland.

Your portfolio takes a really long time to load for me. I know being in Aus. makes it a moot point if it's fine for yourself. Just thought I'd mention it.

Make sure your wife feels appreciated. Nurses are under stated at the best of times.

Yeah I think we might have been better with Covid if people listened more. It dropped right down in the summer but people ignored the rules and did what they wanted with parties etc... and now we have thousands of new cases a day (19,000 new a day) its mad. So yeah makes me worry about my wife on the front line.

Thanks for the info on my portfolio I will have to check that out.

John, for some reason you chose to drop an image onto the home page background.
    The current CSS code is .xr_bgb0 {background:url('7505.png') -768px 6266px repeat;}.
    If MS Edge has failed to load the image, you'll get white.

Just reset the background and drag Black onto it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by John Young View Post
    Thanks for the info on my portfolio I will have to check that out.
    John, you have the Home page images all grouped into one large file (over 3MB).
    Ungroup and use Soft-Group.

This should speed things up a tab.
    You could also then use HighSlide pop-ups.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Portfolio page loading nicely now. I see the URL has changed from some zenfolio or something to you own.