Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to make selector tool have the blue cropping markers like the rectangle tool

I am simply pasting screen shots from windows into a new Xara document. On my desktop, the selector tool seems to have he crop blue tips after pasting into Xara. However, on my laptop, the select tool has resizing tips on the pasted object. How do I change the selector tool to behave like the rectangle tool. I seem to luckily have it set this way on my desktop and I like it. screen shots below. It makes for cropping must faster, without having to switch tools. thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_laptop_selector_tool.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	128172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_selector_tool_rectangle_tool.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	128173

Default Re: how to make selector tool have the blue cropping markers like the rectangle tool

Hi mint, you need to be on the dark side to understand this secret......

Oh, I lie. The trick is in the 'Show Selection Bound Handles' icon just below the New Document icon top left of your Xara window. Just click it to toggle between the two
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	128174  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: how to make selector tool have the blue cropping markers like the rectangle tool

Which looks more like the attached at actual size and is only available when the Selector Tool (the arrow cursor) is selected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show selection handles.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	128177  

Yes! Yes! A thousand thanks, you guys. And beer on me at the Crystal if you ever go west to Tombstone, Arizona.
    Wow. Life just became AMAZINGLY BETTER!
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Thank you much. I can say, vertical toolbars or horizontal toolbars, choose your side. Or, never did I notice the harmony between two. now if only politics were 2 dimensional, or what not. actually I'm not politics, just think it sounds cool. and lately I'm into mathematical ways to represent data and flow and ideas. how to develop society by categorizing tools into 2Dimension space, combinatorics in GUI design. That matrix movie seems to resemble future life more and more.