Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Photo gradients

Default Photo gradients

I have designer pro x 17. I've been trying learn how to utiize all the features of gradients. As far as for photos, after looking at a few posts, I finally decided to really go thru the photo filter presets in design gallery. There is an overlay section with gradients. I think the photo of the lady that shows the effect doesn't portray the effects very well in the thumbnail. I imported a photo of a cats face with real big eyes from content catalog. Then started applying the gradients. Very amazing effects! You can keep apply in them on top of each other too. As well as the other preset photo effects. I now have one amazing looking cat face! The FX tool allows a lot of photo options too.

Default Re: Photo gradients

Good to know. Thanks for sharing. I have seen these and played around with them some, then I completely forget they are there.

here is a very simple coloration effect done with just the transparency tool - the new preset filters are ok, but I still prefer to do it the old way

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transparency coloration.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	128163
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

That is beautiful. Egg has a video / tutorial I think applies. https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro.../59956.529555/

Yellowbird, that's not my video, it's by Xhris who's far more articulate than me and plans his videos were I just do mine on the fly

Xhris has the following video channel:

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host