Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Content Release October 2020

Hey everyone. A lot of new content has gone out in October and we'd thought it'd be worth doing a post on everything here.

These will also be released for V17.1 which is due shortly. There is a little note net to each line with which product it'll be released for.

Components

Footers (9) (DP)
    These were released with DP+ but will mention them anyway as above for Magix versions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	footers.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	128145

(Eventually more of these sort of components will be introduced, where the smartshape keeps the content. You'll be able to change the object or style without having to redo the content, allowing you to change themes much easier.)

Photo Frames and Panels (5) (DP/WD/PGD)

Name:	photoframes.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	128147

Text panels (6) (DP/WD/PGD)

Name:	textpanels.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	128148

Tables (5) (DP/WD/PGD)

Name:	tables.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	128149

Diagram (9) (DP/WD/PGD)

Name:	diagrams.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	128150

Websites (2) (DP/WD)

Name:	websites.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	128151

Social Media

Facebook Post (40) (DP/WD/PGD)

Name:	facebook.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	128152

Instagram Post (40) (DP/WD/PGD)

Name:	instagram.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	128153

Presentations (10) (DP/WD)

Name:	presentations.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	128154

Thumbs down Re: Xara Content Release October 2020

Rob, if I just examine Diagrams, I am sorely disappointed that the presented blobs are nothing more than blobs.

No thought to extensibility.
    • The Venn diagram is even unbalanced. Who would fragment its components into pieces that cannot be manipulated and present as Groups of Groups?
    • The T-Chart is just a "Smart"Table. By that, select a Column and it is published as selected. That is not smart; that is a Bug, long-reported and never fixed.

I assume Steps for Presentations still don't work as they are in Layers that Xara Cloud cannot yet edit?

The only benefit I get from Components is examining them and working out how they were created and redoing them properly.
    Be more creative and set up a TG Workshop through Xara Cloud for getting tons of ideas form the punters who know stuff.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Content Release October 2020

Hi Acorn,

I'll let the content team know about the Venn diagram. The bug where selected stuff in tables has been logged for a while, I'll see if we can get its priority raised.

The diagrams don't behave like smart objects (with add handles and so on) because... well they are not pretty much. To make them "smart", we'd have to divert a JavaScript developer (as smartshapes are written JS) to create a diagram smartshape. Due to the complex nature of each Diagram, it would take a huge amount of time to do so, and such it's easier to simply let the content team construct them out of groups of objects. It's a more manual task to then alter them but allows us to produce more quickly. In the future I suspect they'll eventually turn it into a proper SS, or when they get around to actually releasing the SS API.

Default Re: Xara Content Release October 2020

These will also be released for V17.1 which is due shortly.
    Thanks Rob. Looking forward to see what else the update brings!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022