Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text Styles between documents question.

I have two documents in a current session.
    One has a text style that I would like to use in another, but does not appear in the pull down menu of both.
    Is it possible to copy one into the other? as I do have a few to do.

Thanks in anticipation.

Xara Designer Pro X 11.2.5.42127 CD x64 Dec 9 2015

Default Re: Text Styles between documents question.

Can you be more specific? Are you referring to bold face or italics?

Xara used to create a fake bold face or italics if a certain font did not have these styles. But in recent years, Xara has stopped this practice. So if a specific font does not contain a bold and/or italic style Xara will present an error if you try to italicize or bold face the font.

Other apps my still create a fake italic or bold face.

Copy & Paste a slab of text of the Style into your second document.

Sorted.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@ Acorn

Spot on!
    Text attributes come across with the text and get added to the text style menu drop down.

Interestingly I had two styles I need to come across, but one line of text with one of the styles brought the other style with it.
    Nice, when you know how.

Heartfelt thanks!

It also works for graphics objects. I had one colour in a file I needed in another.
    Copy the object and paste into the other and the colour attributes come with it.
    Use the colour on the object required and delete the pasted one, and the colour is there to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Grafix Smelter View Post
    It also works for graphics objects. I had one colour in a file I needed in another.
    Copy the object and paste into the other and the colour attributes come with it.
    Use the colour on the object required and delete the pasted one, and the colour is there to use.
    Be careful for what you wish. If some of the colours are Named Colours, e.g., Themed ones, the import might override your current values and throw the rest of your site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat