Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I add a presentation I create to my current website?

So if I create a presentation, I'm not sure how to use it with my current website. I assume I would publish it to a subfolder on my website, and then I can link to it from pages on my main site. Can I have it display on a page on the main site somehow without having to click on a link? I tried the embed a website widget to a sample xara presentation on the web, previous and next graphics didn't work. Using designer pro 17. Thanks

Default Re: How do I add a presentation I create to my current website?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    So if I create a presentation, I'm not sure how to use it with my current website. I assume I would publish it to a subfolder on my website, and then I can link to it from pages on my main site. Can I have it display on a page on the main site somehow without having to click on a link? I tried the embed a website widget to a sample xara presentation on the web, previous and next graphics didn't work. Using designer pro 17. Thanks
    1. Create your Presentation and give the first page a filename other than index (let's say "slide" for example) - export and publish this to the SAME directory as your main website.

2. From your website, create a placeholder proportionally the same height and width as your presentation and insert this code into the HTML body

Code:
    <iframe src="slide.htm" name="slide" height="100%" width="100%" style="border:none;"></iframe>
    Here is an example: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Presentation

The same Presentation can be accessed via a NavBar using the link ./slide.htm, but your return to the main website will need the full URL.

Trust this helps,

Gary

Default Re: How do I add a presentation I create to my current website?

Thanks Gary! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Nancy