Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Help to remake a simple Logo element

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    That's why I said we'd need a larger original. Your attachment is way to small to recreate.
    So XDP+ doesn't have shape manipulation tools?
    Some effect that I can overlay on a circle to get the result I'm looking for?
    In my OP, I mentioned Inkscape, I'm awful at that but have struggled through a few things now.
    If not possible in Xara could someone give me an idea what to try in using Inkscape? I'm too scared of Gimp.

Sorry Ojibwe, I'm losing you now. My point was your original attachment makes it almost impossible to recreate the logo, there's not enough detail.

So XDP+ doesn't have shape manipulation tools?
    In my OP, I mentioned Inkscape, I'm awful at that but have struggled through a few things now.
    If not possible in Xara could someone give me an idea what to try in using Inkscape? I'm too scared of Gimp.
    In what way. I'm not following you?

Supply a decent sized original of your logo and then we can help. Other than that we're just guessing what you see as non-complience to the original.

As for Inkscape, Xara in the main can do most things Inkscape can do and can do far more than Inkscape can't acheive.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I guess my OP wasn't clear enough. My intention was to re-create (from scratch) starting with a blue circle, using an effect to achieve the negative of the original.
    Thus the opposite of the original logo, to incorporate into the design I uploaded with the wings, replacing the globe.

As I commented earlier, your 2nd attempt was pretty much spot on, just too whispy rather than clearly defined edges.
    I did ask how you achieved that. Maybe the quick response time is leading to missed messaging.
    I'm not out to make a facsimile using the original, just something recognizable as an homage to the original logo.

Okay Ojibwe, I think your original small image was creating issues with my understanding of your requirements. I was using feathering and linear fills to produce what I saw in the original.

This time I've gone back to a less complicated rendering.

Does this match what you're after?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	128129  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes that's what I am after!
    Please do tell me how you achieved this.
    I have a lot to learn to get the most out of Xara, but I'm willing and able.
    Thanks Egg!

Great. However it's just after 6 in the morning here so I'm off to bed. Will get back to answer your questions tomorrow evening. Goodnight
    Egg

Thank you for your efforts,
    I will check back.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Great. However it's just after 6 in the morning here so I'm off to bed. Will get back to answer your questions tomorrow evening. Goodnight
    Hi Egg, hoping you can get me going on making that element as you were able.

Thank you.

Here you go :

Egg