Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help to remake a simple Logo element

Hello all, I'm a first time poster on Talk Graphics, very much out of my depth with how much Xara can do and how to use it effectively.
    I've been lurking and learning for a few months now. Xara Desktop has been awesome at making super small size PDFs that look amazing.
    Xara Cloud I'm not loving yet, but I appreciate it too, I have the Teams+ but am apprehensive about how my less tech capable Senior team mates will like it. I'm the problem solver, not the problem creator!

My issue for this post is to re-create my Mother's old logo and incorporate it into a new design.
    What i need to do is a reverse of the attached image, so just the circle with the colors swapped.
    Can I do that in Xara DP+? Or am I better of trying my luck with Inkscape?

Thank you so much for any help, seems to be a great group that I can learn a lot from.
    I loved Xara 3D way back in 2000, all the new features are awesome, but a little daunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Help to remake a simple Logo element

I think this can be created in Designer Pro + using the Shape Tool. But it is very difficult to do from the size you posted. Do you have a better image? Or can you scan or photograph a printed document with the logo?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	128120  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think this can be created in Designer Pro + using the Shape Tool. But it is very difficult to do from the size you posted. Do you have a better image? Or can you scan or photograph a printed document with the logo?
    Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately no, I found and clipped the image from the "Wayback Machine" copy of the website.

I'm not looking for a 100% replica, it will be a small part of the new logo design.
    Just something recognizable. I was hoping that you experts may know of a way to manipulate a circle to give me that effect.

Someone designed that logo in 1988, during the Windows 3.11 days, so probably some simple effect.

The new logo is SVG and nice and crisp and the central part is a globe currently.
    I just wanted to surprise her with a version with the old logo reversed in place of the globe.
    Last edited by ojibwe; 21 October 2020 at 02:37 AM. Reason: missed part of a sentance

Hi Ojibwe, welcome to talkGraphics.

As Gary states your image is really to small to do much with but is this the effect you're after?

Name:	export.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	128122  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For clarity I'll upload the SVG and PNG of what I want to incorporate it into.
    Likely not needed. I'm thinking I may need to add a circle around the old logo design to keep it matching the globe portion.

Name:	Copy of Custom Logo.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	128124  
    Attached Files Attached Files

or:

Name:	export.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	128125  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Pretty darn close Egg, is that modifiable? And of course, how did you do that?
    It looks a bit stretched and anemic, but definitely on the right track.

Loving the 2nd attempt much more, but no fading out.
    It may be my eyes, but it looks like a fade out toward the edge.
    I need crisp solid blue color, #00587C
    Last edited by ojibwe; 21 October 2020 at 03:11 AM. Reason: added detail, clarification

Like this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Loving the 2nd attempt much more, but no fading out.
    It may be my eyes, but it looks like a fade out toward the edge.
    That's why I said we'd need a larger original. Your attachment is way to small to recreate.
    Egg