Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text window pop up with vertical scroll bar

Hi all,
    I want to make a pop up text box (that's the easy bit) but the text is rather long and would like to have a vertical scroll bar in the box.

Default Re: Text window pop up with vertical scroll bar

Hi LGF, it's fairly easy. Create a new web page. Save it as long-text.xar
    Make the page as long as you want. Create a text area and fill with your long text.
    Save.
    Export as long-text.htm in the same folder as your main site.

Now in your full site create a place holder with the height you want the text field to be.
    Give the HTML Body the following:
    <iframe src="long-text.htm" width=790px height=700px scrolling=auto frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>
    You may need to adjust the width so you don't get a horizontal scroll bar as well.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Info Re: Text window pop up with vertical scroll bar

I took a different approach altogether; just a dusting of CSS code.

CSS - Scrolling Text Box.xar

I offer two separate implementations to this:
    1. The first uses pure Xara Text Areas with all available formatting and linking... ...it can only render what fits on the page.
    2. The second can have unlimited text but only of one format, unless you add in your own HTML.

Both have their place.

With Egg's fine approach, you need to ensure any links do not result displaying within the IFRAME.

If I had 20 boxes om a page, I would use my second option exclusively and put the height back to 100% so the text boxes will scale to whatever size you need.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Text window pop up with vertical scroll bar

To Egg and Acorn - many thanks once again for your help - also appreciate 2 different approaches!