Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot export document. Stalls

Strange thing happening. WD17. Upon saving, then preparing document for export. Exporting document = dreaded spinning wheel. This is a picture heavy site but it will not export. First time it's happened. Shut down>reboot> open doc. Save Doc, Publish website > and nothing exporting to the service provider.

The document even stalls on 'preview web page' --- and also happening on the WDPro+ version of Xara.

This is only happening on one particular site -- not on other sites.

Any ideas why this might be happening. Really can't do much but keep on designing to see if the problem goes away.

Thanks all in advance.

-Bill
    Last edited by bwood; 18 October 2020 at 07:47 PM. Reason: add info
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Cannot export document. Stalls

Bill, try 'preview web page' a page at a time. Perhaps that will chase down any rougue web page. You could always attach the xar/web file here or to dropbox or similar so we can have a look-see.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@egg @acorn Interesting. All Pages in the 1000px variant, and all pages in the 475px variant will preview in WD17.

I guess 14 meg is large for the TG upload and My dropbox won't support the .web file for some reason.

Here is the link to google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fBn...FfdfQBg2R/view

Hope this works for you @egg or @acorn

-Bill
    Last edited by bwood; 18 October 2020 at 08:59 PM.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Hi Bill, the problem is in the early settlers mobile page. In the mobile page select all and delete from that mobile pages content. Try to export the site. It should work. You can then rebuild that mobile page using the desktop page.

Let's know how you get on.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@egg. You’ve saved me again Egg. That did the trick. I’m going to dumb down that page. It’s a mobile variant anyway.
    Thanks so much for your help. Not sure what I’d do without TGs.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Ah, great to hear.
    It was just a process of elimination.
    1: I deleted the mobile variant and exported. It exported fine.
    2: I undid the delete mobile variant and deleted the Desktop variant. Same old hang problem. So the issue was in the mobile variant.
    3: I undid the delete desktop variant, then deleted pages 6 to 12 and exported. Still hung.
    4: Reinstated pages 6 to 12. Deleted pages 2 to 5. Exported fine. So it was just a matter of finding which page 2-5 had the issue.
    5: Finally tracked it down to the early settlers mobile page.

It was just a pia having to restart Xara after each crash.
    Egg