Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WOW slider - mobile version

I've created a test main site using a WOWslider show on the main page - page is 1280px wide and the placeholder 1000px.
    On export, I selected scale to width and it works just fine when adjustig the browser window size.

I then created a 480px wide mobile page and a full width placeholder.
    The WOWslider doesn't scale to the 480px width (which I expected), but is there away of "exporting" another slide show to 480px wide for the mobile page.

WOWslider creates its own index.htm file and associated folders - I renamed it index2.htm to avoid conflicting woth WD's own .htm file
    Not sure what to do next
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wowslider.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	128086  

Default Re: WOW slider - mobile version

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    I've created a test main site using a WOWslider show on the main page - page is 1280px wide and the placeholder 1000px.
    On export, I selected scale to width and it works just fine when adjusting the browser window size.

I then created a 480px wide mobile page and a full width placeholder.
    The WOWslider doesn't scale to the 480px width (which I expected), but is there away of "exporting" another slide show to 480px wide for the mobile page.

WOWslider creates its own index.htm file and associated folders - I renamed it index2.htm to avoid conflicting with WD's own .htm file
    Not sure what to do next
    The WOW slider requires a different "Slider ID" for each variant - if you have left this on "1" for the desktop, then change it to (say) "2" for the mobile variant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOW Slider ID_Different for Each Variant.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	128087

You are effectively publishing two different sliders for your two variants and should see 4 folders in the same directory as your site: Engine1, Data1, Engine2, Data2 - the numeric refers to the Slider ID

Simply copy the HTML code as you see it presented when publishing; paste the code for each variant (Head and Body) as instructed for the desktop and mobile placeholders; the height and width of each placeholder should initially be set to the height and width you have used for the WOW slider - they may well be different for desktop and mobile.

You should not be changing any of the WOW code, unless you have a specific reason for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Thanks Acor, that's the route I went

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    The WOW slider requires a different "Slider ID" for each variant - if you have left this on "1" for the desktop, then change it to (say) "2" for the mobile variant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOW Slider ID_Different for Each Variant.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	128087

You are effectively publishing two different sliders for your two variants and should see 4 folders in the same directory as your site: Engine1, Data1, Engine2, Data2 - the numeric refers to the Slider ID

Simply copy the HTML code as you see it presented when publishing; paste the code for each variant (Head and Body) as instructed for the desktop and mobile placeholders; the height and width of each placeholder should initially be set to the height and width you have used for the WOW slider - they may well be different for desktop and mobile.

You should not be changing any of the WOW code, unless you have a specific reason for doing so.
    Aaaah - thanks Initiostar, that's the bit I missed - a different slider ID.

This is a regular problem with various assets across variants. It would be very helpful if Xara was to automatically do this as it now does with named bitmaps.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host