Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daughter's Work

Default Re: Daughter's Work

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    No, not studying. She suffers badly with social anxiety and never finished high school. I don't know enough to say whether her style is based on anything in particular, she just does what she feels and emulates what she likes.

She never shows them to anyone. We only see them because I backup her folders. Ask her about any of them and all we get is a blank stare and a shrug.

Attachment 128089 Attachment 128090 Attachment 128091 Attachment 128092
    There are a number of online art groups where you can participate (or not participate) as much as you wish and that may be a way forward for your daughter because it's such a supportive, encouraging environment.

I don't really follow any groups that follow the style of what you have posted, but there must be some somewhere (most of my interest is with sketching).

A lot of online art-based organisations have great communities ( Sketchbook Skool, Skillshare, Urban Sketchers ).

It saddens me that a 20 year-old has anxiety. I hope she finds a way forward. Art can be a route.

Attachment 128089 Attachment 128090

these two are very good indeed - they both say 'finished art' to me; they are great compositions, no un-necessary content, somthing you could put on a t-shirt or hang on a wall and enjoy looking at

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Ask her about any of them and all we get is a blank stare and a shrug
    art can be very personal and difficult to discuss with others if you are not sure they will understand where you are commimg from...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Attachment 128089 Attachment 128090

these two are very good indeed - they both say 'finished art' to me; they are great compositions, no un-necessary content, somthing you could put on a t-shirt or hang on a wall and enjoy looking at

art can be very personal and difficult to discuss with others if you are not sure they will understand where you are commimg from...
    The second one is Calluna (Latin for Heather, my daughter's name). Calluna has been with us for as long as she's been drawing. Other characters come and go, but Calluna seems to be a permanent feature and is quite likely her alto ego.

Here's Calluna in 2014

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Am I worth it.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	128093 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Choc Milk Tea.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	128094

you can see the development in style
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Excellent work from your daughter!!
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card