Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Smart Photo grid - can’t pop up photos

@acorn. Is there anyway I could get away from all the (I) symbols on the settlers page? I could just do a popup layer on the photo only, telling people on the splash page to click on all photos for more information.
    I’ve got a lot of symbols on the page.

https://billwood.ca/early%20settlers.htm

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Info Re: Smart Photo grid - can’t pop up photos

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    @acorn. Is there anyway I could get away from all the (I) symbols on the settlers page? I could just do a popup layer on the photo only, telling people on the splash page to click on all photos for more information.
    I’ve got a lot of symbols on the page.

https://billwood.ca/early%20settlers.htm

-Bill
    Bill, this is the simplest approach I can think of.

It uses the pop-up of a thumbnail to trigger a MouseOver rollover to a Soft-group of items that has a full overlap with the MouseOff thumb.
    A click of any of these objects then pops up the enlarged image.

JS - The Bennett Family II.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks @acorn. Much appreciate your work on this.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

@xara. I sent a note to Xara regarding these Smart Photo Grids. The grids are handy, but the smart photo grid pop ups simply do not work. Let’s either fix them, or take them off the catalogue completely.
    I don’t think there’s any logical reason to include something in a catalogue that flat out fails. They fail with Pro+, and they fail in WD17 desktop.
    Thanks @xara.
    -w
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Bill,

I'm still very much a newbie finding my way around Web Designer and not sure if this is just a repeat of what you've suggested, but I've spent all day producing 6 pages of galleries using the Smart Photo Grid widget each with up to to 72 photos on a 6 x 12 grid. This has been very 'trying' to say the least, but after lots of trial and errors I've come to the following conclusion: You only get one shot at setting the pop-up size at the widget object level. i.e. the widget will stop working if you try to change the Pop-up width value once it has been set. I've gone through this several times from various angles and each time I get the same results so I guess this is the root of the problem.

To get the widget back into a working state I've done what you describe -- i.e. using the Fill tool (and Shift key held down) I select every photo in the grid then enter the new Pop-up width in the Web Properties>Image tab. This will put the widget back in a working state and it is now possible to change the Pop-up Width of an individual photo(s) if required.

Mike