Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb The Ultimate Xara Slideshow

By now, TGers should realise that I kick the tyres a lot with the Xara Desktop applications.

The title of this Thread may be unwarranted but it addresses a lot of issues you have described over the years that I have been reading on the Forum.
    The jQuery code is still rough but I felt I needed opinions on shortfalls from you.

It will have problems if copied into more than one location: Supersite or Variant.
    It does not Stretch to Width.

Have a go with it for your own ideas:
    The Ultimate Xara Slideshow.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: The Ultimate Xara Slideshow

I'm not ignoring this post Acorn, just to busy at present to experiment at present. One thing I noticed on your demo xar is that ckicking on the top 'nav bar' doesn't close & load the next imge, it just does it behind the current image.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: The Ultimate Xara Slideshow

There was a lot of creative thinking along similar lines a while back - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ltimate+slider

I followed the earlier thread then and the concept of using a supersite (with all its animation) as an embedded slider works very well (thanks to the original Siran/Acorn code).

This is one from last week which works across all variants and uses Scale-to-fit-Width: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/BoxSlider/.

The supersite is here: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/BoxSlider/slider.htm. For ease of portability, in this case, the slider was converted to MP4 and is used here:https://theparsonage.co.uk/

The same Parsonage site uses a slightly different idea whereby you can randomly select from a menu list (which could be any links) to slide-in different popups but avoids the stacking issue: https://theparsonage.co.uk/events.htm - the mobile variant uses a scroll to ensure the event opens at the top of the mobile browser.

There are lots of options too - WOW does a decent job and supports swipe (for touch devices) as does the CSSSlider.

For me, the next step is to embed SVG animation into the supersite slider (thanks to Egg for the tip on svgator).

And thanks to Siran & Acorn without which I would not have made it to here!

Gary

Lightbulb Re: The Ultimate Xara Slideshow II

I revived the Thread as Although the embedded Xara Presentation website is perfect it is a two-step process that throws some.
    I was hoping to replicate it all in one design file, using layers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: The Ultimate Xara Slideshow II

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I revived the Thread as Although the embedded Xara Presentation website is perfect it is a two-step process that throws some.
    I was hoping to replicate it all in one design file, using layers.

Acorn
    Acorn - since I can't use Xara Preview on your original file - do you have a link where your "ultimate Xara slideshow" file is being used ? My thanks
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: The Ultimate Xara Slideshow II

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Acorn - since I can't use Xara Preview on your original file - do you have a link where your "ultimate Xara slideshow" file is being used ? My thanks
    -Bill
    Bill, Initiostar's Post#3 has enough examples for you to shake you stick at.

Acorn