Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: text displays wrong

Tell us more Behzad .......
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

They simply turned it off. It is the cache that the firewall has at godaddy.

Sorted!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have it happen all the time when I publish. I use edge the most, so that's usually where I notice it, firefox and chrome usually display correctly, if not, clearing the cache usually works. The two sites I work on the most are each on a different host, and it happens to both. Usually straightens out in about a day. Seems to be for me to have to do with using truetype fonts. I don't think I've had the issue with "websafe" fonts in the list. (happens with some xara widgets too.)

Info Re: text displays wrong

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    I have it happen all the time when I publish. I use edge the most, so that's usually where I notice it, firefox and chrome usually display correctly, if not, clearing the cache usually works. The two sites I work on the most are each on a different host, and it happens to both. Usually straightens out in about a day. Seems to be for me to have to do with using truetype fonts. I don't think I've had the issue with "websafe" fonts in the list. (happens with some xara widgets too.)
    Publish a site with any text and styling and Xara adds the CSS coding into xr_fonts.css, xr_main.css & xr_text.css. Roughly:

• The first handles things like Google Fonts.
    • The second is for sizing, visibility and transitions.
    • The third is Styles...

When you alter you text, add a Styles, a font a heading, these are all updated.
    When you Preview locally, things look OK but you have "published" to a different address. If not Ctrl+F5 clears the browser cache and all is well with the world until ypu publish publish.

The Service Provider (SP) probably caches you stuff, puts it out to the edge (closer to your viewers) for speed and then Wham! the site goes pear-shaped.

You see it happen more when you are incrementally publihing and tweaking.
    It is more obvious with a Xara-rendered site because of the three files.
    Widgets can also suffer if the JavaScript file (e.g., 1.js) is not refreshed.

A time back I proposed a solution that avoid caching of these files by the SP to Xara - still waiting: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Xara-Resources.

If your SP offers Cloudflare, use it as there is a Dev mode and this will purge your site cached files so new content is readily available.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat