Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: text displays wrong

You didn't initially advise if it is not working with those browsers to the actual live site.
    If so, there is a server cache there as well.

Do you use Cloudflare?
    Here is a Thread I worked on earlier: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...er-browsers-OK .

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sometimes you need to clear out the cache in your browser. I don't like doing this (I'm lazy) because it also dumps cookies and other things that have to be reestablished.

I was working on an artists gallery two weeks ago and made some changes. When I publishing the page the text was all screwy. I tried F5 and Ctrl F5 (Ctrl F5 supposedly forces the page to reload) and still no luck. So I previewed on my wife's computer and on Edge and everything looked just as it should. So I think it is a recalcitrant cache issue.

Only xara has this issue, other platforms that I worked with making website never had such issues. Clearing my cookies is pain in my ars. I have to then enter all my passwords.

btw it is the same on my mobile chrome browser. I emptied every cache you can imagine. Why not lets all admit that it is xara

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Only xara has this issue, other platforms that I worked with making website never had such issues. Clearing my cookies is pain in my ars. I have to then enter all my passwords.
    btw it is the same on my mobile chrome browser. I emptied every cache you can imagine. Why not lets all admit that it is xara
    No one has ever told you to clear your Cookies or Passwords just your cache.

If you update, review and publish to a server, the server will be caching things too.
    Do check there befoe lampooning Xara.

If you Preview in Xara with one of your browsers does it render properly?
    Does it if you restart Xara?
    If yes to both then the issue is with your service provider.

Do you ever publish your changes to a sub-folder off the main site to see a before and after?
    If that works and loading into the main site doesn't then is it all server-side.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes to all of those, so it is the server, but acorn why my client has no problem seeing it from the same server and I do?

Firefox resolved itself without me doing anything. The only browser left is chrome.

I hate to be a party-pooper but you are storing passwords in your browser ? not good security wise even with a master password...

anyway

it might be your router/ISP/server cache at fault; shouldn't be, but might be; firefox has just caught up maybe
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I had the same issue before and it was frustrating, I imagined my host's techs were screwing with me.
    They disapproved of my use of software to create websites and took every opportunity to focus blame there.
    My local HDD version had no issues ever, but I did get myself in the weeds by not publishing to the "public_html" folder.

Good to know that I can request a server side cache clearing next time.

Ojibwe So what do you suggest, I keep asking godaddy to clearn their server cache? I really am tired of not being able to see the corrections I make to the clients site with this issue. Even now the corrections don't show up and old pages remain.

Behzad, Ojibwe makes a very good point:
    My local HDD version had no issues ever, but I did get myself in the weeds by not publishing to the "public_html" folder.
    Are you sure you're posting to the "public_html" folder or is your browser pointing to this folder? If you're using Xara's publish feature under subfolder optional ensure you include 'public_html/'

Temporarily add a new page. Republish. View the website directory in Filezilla or similar. Can you see the temporary page? Also check the 'Last Modified' time/dates. Do they match.

Else delete the folder that contains your website completely. Revisit again on your browser. Hit Ctrl+F5. You should get a 404 Page not found. Republish.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host