Default correct urls

I have spent all day looking here and on magix support etc

I have a domain name
    www.domain.com
    I also have a Xara hosted location
    http://host.xara.hosting/site/index.htm

now as I a domain name I would prefer that it just said

www.domain.com/index.htm

do you think I can find anything anywhere that will tell me how to do this..

pleeeeeese someone put me out of my misery..is it that hard?

Default Re: correct urls

do you mean you want xara hosting to host your domain name as TLD - I don't think xara hosting offers that, but I could be wrong, and if so someone will correct me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    do you mean you want xara hosting to host your domain name as TLD - I don't think xara hosting offers that, but I could be wrong, and if so someone will correct me
    so why register a domain if you then can't use it as a TLD.

If not I am happy to find somewhere else to host what I am building as long as I can use the domain I have bought rather than host.xara/ste/index.htm

I think Steve is right. There is a paid hosting package offered by Magix but IMO is it not a good choice at any price. Magix have never taken hosting seriously except on a personal web page basis. Professional hosting packages with dedicated web hosting companies is competitive and most offer a large array of services including C-Panel, personal email accounts and a lot more.

Xara.hosting is perfect for testing a website without posting at the actual web address. But for any professional or serious website, then use a dedicated web hosting company.

If you own your own domain name, then once you get a web host, you request your domain name registrar to redirect their name servers to your host's servers.