I took on a charity job for a little old lady that resembles grandma from Tweety Pie. Of course, I now wish I hadn't.

Her book about her ancestors, from a 15 year old girl being sentenced to 5 years exile in Australia in 1843 for stealing 6 buttons worth 1 shilling each, right up to the Covid-19 Pandemic. 250 pages, written over a period of 6 or 7 years, in Word, with different fonts, different formatting, different everything that could be different. However, armed only with a borrowed Designer Pro machine the whole thing was whipped into obedience; much like the poor girl tossed into a ship all those years ago.

We can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Only page numbers and a final proof read to go. The page numbers are required to start from page 9 onwards. Granny wants the first 8 un-numbered as they are pedigree charts, salutations and general 'stuff'. I failed. I can't keep the first 8 pages number free.

Does anybody have a trick that would work for this poor old lady (okay, me). Think of that young girl who wouldn't have been told that absolutely everything in Australia is poisonous and wants to kill you. Nor would she have been told those giant hoppy things randomly jump out of the bush right in front of your car for no apparent reason whatsoever. Don't let her suffering be in vain.