Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Gallery Preview Rotated

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    You're not missing anything LGF, your method is excellent. However Sue has a specific need and I expect almost all the images she uses are of a standard size and she also wants a background border with a wall shadow. She doesn't want the bother of needing to resize each and every photo brought into her website, hence the template solution.

I'll post my template solution shortly which I believe will suit Sue's requirements as well as being useful to other Xara users.
    Egg, I look forward to your template solution.

Many thanks to you and all those that have contributed.

Here you go Sue. I'll post the template shortly:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's the template.

And a link to the template within an Iframe

LINK
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here's the template.

And a link to the template within an Iframe

LINK
    Egg, thank you so much! This is fantastic! I will be back at this tomorrow. Your time in creating a video tutorial and template is very much appreciated.

Here is a 16 x 12 Landscape Template:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Here is a 16 x 12 Alternating Template:

Sorry, for some reason this template won't upload at the moment.
    Egg

Egg, thank you for the additional template. I appreciate your trying the alternating template upload.

@Gary and @Egg, the customer just this morning said they are considering an update to their website and asking for my direction. I am thrilled to be able to get this looking and working better. Let me get some ideas together to post here. In the meantime, I welcome continued input. My goal is to submit ideas for web update to customer by the end of the day Friday. I am on Eastern Stand Time in the US.

Info Re: Gallery Preview Rotated

Late Entrant

Xara Photo Table.xar

The construction is the important aspect:

1. The boring grey Soft-group has an image and a white backing with a purple edging.
    2. The image - alone - has a 640px pop-up with all the trimmings.
    3. The grid starts life as a Table 09 of 1 x 1 with the Caption hidden - most work is done when the QuickShape Tool is active on the selected Smart table (this is a pain to get right).
    4. The Soft-group (copy to Clipboard) is added as an Embedded Group when the Text Tool is active in the first Cell.
    5. After this you use the Smart Table controls to create more cells, up and across.
    6. All the colours of the Smart Table are set to 'no colour'.
    7. The images are then dropped onto each template image.
    8. You can then add Web Animation > Show pop-up text (HTML Title) for hover pop-up detail; Web Properties > Image > Photo pop-up > Pop-up Title (confused yet?) for the HighSlide reveal; Web Properties > Image > Image > caption (Alt Text) for the Description. For each and every image.
    9. As it is a Smart Table you can change the Padding to suit, rearrange rows and columns and grow as you see fit.
    10. I added a Repeating Diamond Underlay as you have to add drop shadows carefully for each White/Purple border. Personally, I would use CSS on this instead; I should have added a ClassName to it before all the duplicating!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi all,
    I'been following this thread and thought I'd show a simple basic way to create a photo grid (mainly because I know nothing about code!
    Sorry about the sound quality - first time I've done this.

Video unavailable
    This video is private.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;