Late Entrant

Xara Photo Table.xar

The construction is the important aspect:

1. The boring grey Soft-group has an image and a white backing with a purple edging.
  2. The image - alone - has a 640px pop-up with all the trimmings.
  3. The grid starts life as a Table 09 of 1 x 1 with the Caption hidden - most work is done when the QuickShape Tool is active on the selected Smart table (this is a pain to get right).
  4. The Soft-group (copy to Clipboard) is added as an Embedded Group when the Text Tool is active in the first Cell.
  5. After this you use the Smart Table controls to create more cells, up and across.
  6. All the colours of the Smart Table are set to 'no colour'.
  7. The images are then dropped onto each template image.
  8. You can then add Web Animation > Show pop-up text (HTML Title) for hover pop-up detail; Web Properties > Image > Photo pop-up > Pop-up Title (confused yet?) for the HighSlide reveal; Web Properties > Image > Image > caption (Alt Text) for the Description. For each and every image.
  9. As it is a Smart Table you can change the Padding to suit, rearrange rows and columns and grow as you see fit.
  10. I added a Repeating Diamond Underlay as you have to add drop shadows carefully for each White/Purple border. Personally, I would use CSS on this instead; I should have added a ClassName to it before all the duplicating!

Acorn