Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Gallery Preview Rotated

Hello! I have XDP 17 on Windows 10 Pro.

The gallery on the live published website displays properly. http://www.liveoakmanagementgroup.com/residential.htm

I'm ready to add more photos. Within XDP the gallery is displaying properly.

When I preview website (.xar file) the photos in the gallery are rotated. No matter what browser I choose, gallery is rotated sideways.

Attached is screen cap of preview.

Any ideas what the culprit may be?

*Note: Within Xara and the Live website view have been in place since May. I don't want to add anything to the gallery until I know why the preview is rotated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PreviewLOMG.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	128066
    Last edited by hotrodsue; 13 October 2020 at 07:53 PM.

Default Re: Gallery Preview Rotated

I think it would be best if you uploaded a gallery page so we can see this Sue.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I think it would be best if you uploaded a gallery page so we can see this Sue.
    Egg, just upload the one .htm page?
    Where do I upload?

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, this helps. The directions are clear and easy. Thank you, Egg.

My .xar file size is 266,526 KB and suspect it’s too large; hangs when I try to upload.

You can see a live copy of the website here: http://www.liveoakmanagementgroup.com/residential.htm

I did create a folder named “xar” in File Manager on my hosting site for the website in question. The file name is “lomg_website.xar”. For me when I go to the following url, the .xar file begins to download:

http://www.liveoakmanagementgroup.co...mg_website.xar

Hopefully you’re able to view to give me some feedback. Thank you for taking a look. If you have any suggestions how to better share/upload this file, let me know.

Sue, on the internet the images are in the correct orientation. If I open your site I get the following Page Not Found error.

I don't require the whole site. Make a duplicate of the site and delete all the other pages leaving only one page, the one that's giving the incorrect orientation. This will reduce the file size.

Other than that you can put your xar file in Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and post the link here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	128103  
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodsue View Post
    I was out of pocket most of yesterday, and back at it today.

@Gary, I really like all that you have done and agree not many would scroll through all those pages of pictures. It's great to offer an alternative to the customer. You've got some great ideas, and I appreciate your sharing your work. If we go with embedded supersite, I'd definitely need more instruction. It seems like @Egg may give more feedback as well.

@Egg, thank you for your observations. Since I work mostly with templates and widgets, it's wonderful to have input from those that have more experience with design, as you and @Gary. Years ago, before finding Xara, I did use Adobe Dreamweaver. Self taught, spent a bit of time getting basics on coding. That basic still helps me today. Without formal training in Dreamweaver, the transition to Xara templates works well for me. Perhaps I should look into more Xara tutorials to be better versed in Xara design outside of templates and widgets.

At this time, I'll sit tight and see if either of you have anything else to add. Then will plan to move forward to complete this project. Your help is much appreciated.
    Sue,

My start point would be to ascertain whether your client has any appetite for a redesign - at this time your site publishes as expected and the only issue that occurs (inconsistently) is photos are rotated 90 deg in preview, but not when published.

It is relatively simple to a create custom-build photo grid - your 5 x 5 grid took about 15 minutes, no widgets and no soft groups. Your photos have a 4:3 ratio (500px /325px) which can be resized (in whole px) to 167px /125px with 30px spacers in a 5 x 5 grid on a page width of 1200px.

From there you can drag your photos direct from the Bitmap Gallery - use Share with Variants for the mobile variant - the upside here is that you can easily change the variant layout to 3 columns for easier viewing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Custom Photo Grid.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	128140

If you want a template grid and some instructions, let us know and I can forward a working example.

Should your client have a desire to revamp the site, then I'd talk through the ideas and come back to us with a suggested framework.