Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Gallery Preview Rotated

Hello! I have XDP 17 on Windows 10 Pro.

The gallery on the live published website displays properly. http://www.liveoakmanagementgroup.com/residential.htm

I'm ready to add more photos. Within XDP the gallery is displaying properly.

When I preview website (.xar file) the photos in the gallery are rotated. No matter what browser I choose, gallery is rotated sideways.

Attached is screen cap of preview.

Any ideas what the culprit may be?

*Note: Within Xara and the Live website view have been in place since May. I don't want to add anything to the gallery until I know why the preview is rotated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PreviewLOMG.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	128066
    Last edited by hotrodsue; 13 October 2020 at 08:53 PM.

Default Re: Gallery Preview Rotated

I think it would be best if you uploaded a gallery page so we can see this Sue.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I think it would be best if you uploaded a gallery page so we can see this Sue.
    Egg, just upload the one .htm page?
    Where do I upload?

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, this helps. The directions are clear and easy. Thank you, Egg.

My .xar file size is 266,526 KB and suspect it’s too large; hangs when I try to upload.

You can see a live copy of the website here: http://www.liveoakmanagementgroup.com/residential.htm

I did create a folder named “xar” in File Manager on my hosting site for the website in question. The file name is “lomg_website.xar”. For me when I go to the following url, the .xar file begins to download:

http://www.liveoakmanagementgroup.co...mg_website.xar

Hopefully you’re able to view to give me some feedback. Thank you for taking a look. If you have any suggestions how to better share/upload this file, let me know.

Sue, on the internet the images are in the correct orientation. If I open your site I get the following Page Not Found error.

I don't require the whole site. Make a duplicate of the site and delete all the other pages leaving only one page, the one that's giving the incorrect orientation. This will reduce the file size.

Other than that you can put your xar file in Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and post the link here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	128103  
    Egg

Egg, thank you for continued help.

Made duplicate and deleted all pages but one.

Here's link to .xar file in DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r7rfetjqp...bsite.xar?dl=0

Hi Sue, it previews as expected for me in the correct 'landscape' orientation.
    Egg

@Egg & @Sue, I previewed Sue's XAR in Pro v17 and the outcome was the same 90 deg rotation. It appears to be an outcome of the underlying soft-grouped rectangle being rotated by the same 90 deg.

Name:	Photo Rotated -90 degress.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	128105

I reset two photos (photo + line colour + shadow) - they previewed as expected.

Name:	Photos Reset.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	128106

It publishes to live as viewed in the editor - so can't explain the transition in preview - maybe something related to rotation angles and resets?

Gary

That's very interesting Gary. When I preview it in Xara Designer Pro X 17.0.0.58732 DL x64 Mar 12 2020 it previews correctly.

I don't like these white rectangles with shadows as each one exports as an individual images, not large but considering Sue may have 100 of these (at present) on her site that's a lot of unecessary calls to a server. Far better to create a single named image which repeats as often as required. One issue is there's currently an overlap of each image due to the shadow.
    Egg