Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Will there be any updates this month (October)

Quote Originally Posted by JENR8 View Post
    Xara Designer Pro X 17.0.0.58732 DL x64 Mar 12 2020. I got this one thinking that I would not have to upgrade my Web Designer Pro, I was hoping since it had all the same features plus vector things.
    I have exactly the same Pro v17 release; it is little different from v16.3 released in October 2019 (which I have installed as well). You can make you own judgement from Xara's What's New.

- What's New Pro v16: https://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/whats-new/older/)

- What's New Pro v17: https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/whats-new/

- With respect to What's New and Pro+ you can determine whether anything in the three subsequent releases - 4 June, 25 June and 3 Aug merits upgrading with Xara directly, or whether you are prepared to wait for the next Magix release (whenever that might occur).

Whatever is in the next Pro v(x) release from Magix is primarily dependent on exactly what Xara wants to include in that release (they are the product author not Magix).

Personally, I bought Pro X under Xara's orignal 365 Upgrade programme and found myself transferred to Magix. I do not need Xara's Cloud (and never will) - I have made an assumption there will now be an 'annual update' from Magix (likely March 2021). When and if that occurs, I will decide whether to renew my Magix Update Service (or not).

Default Re: Will there be any updates this month (October)

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I doubt there will be an upgrade within the next couple of months. Magix can possibly use the Covid 19 pandemic as an excuse, but if that's true they should at least explain that fact to their customers!

That's fine. But I should not have to pay for the time that Magix/Xara was unable to deliver.