Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Book Cover Design

Hi
    I've looked for book cover design templates. Particularly those for Amazon -KDP.

I feel a bit like a fish out of water designing in Designer Pro X, because I can't figure a logical way to set up a template for several book covers I'm working on: taking into account the Front/Rear Covers and spine.
    Advice?
    Michael

Default Re: Book Cover Design

KDP dp offer templates. I have done about 8 or 9 books with CreateSpace and KDP. They don't make it easy to find. My theory is that Amazon bought CreateSpace but really have not done much to improve the features.

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/cover-templates

Have a go with https://www.48hrbooks.com/self-publi...book-templates.
    Their calculators (PDFs with input boxes), gives you the required dimensions to construct your actual cover.
    You then create a box of the outer dimensions, a box for the bleed and a box for the spine and put all into a locked Guide layer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - The member is publishing with Kindle Direct Publishing who supply their own templates based on the actual page count and their specific requirements.

Gerandott - This topic is not about book content but book design. What exactly do you look forward to filling your library with?

Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerandott View Post
    I'm looking forward to filling my library with this book, I've been looking for more time through bookstores, and now I've found it online. Maybe someone has good book suggestions, and they can advise me to fill out a list of orders. Unfortunately, I don't have many friends who like to read, and I don't have anyone to report on this issue.
    I'm looking forward to filling my library with this book, I've been looking for more time in bookstores, and now I've found it online. Maybe someone has some good suggestions for a book and can advise me to fill out a list of orders. Unfortunately, I don't have many friends who like to read, and I don't have anyone who can report this issue. I like books that have an interesting design, because for me it is important and how the book looks, not just the content. For example, when I read online on the [link removed by moderator] platform, I don't feel this interest due to the fact that it's not a book.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 12 May 2021 at 02:51 PM.

Gerandott - You live in an interesting city. What is the nearest bridge? I have removed your link. Please refer to the FAQs for new members.

Hi Gerandott—

I'm the Administrator; because you're a new member, I'll let your two nearly identical posts slide.

TalkGraphics is a place for learning and sharing. but asking about graphics books is on the inappropriate side. At least on this area.

Your profile is just about empty, and although that's not a reason for any Moderator action, can you please post a reply to Gary Priester?

If none of us see a subsequent post from you, I will assume putting a link in your second post--not allowed if you bothered to read our guidelines/rules-- I'll assume you're a spammer, and delete your account and posts.

Sincerely,

Barbara Bouton,
    tg Admin.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Amazon already owned CreateSpace; they just decided to close it down a few years ago.

Amazon already owned CreateSpace; they just decided to close it down a few years ago.
    Not sure if that is correct. They rebranded it kdp Kindle Direct Publishing, but with few exceptions it's the same.