Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

John Logan's wonderful book rendering started me wondering if doing an animated version of a book opening and pages flipping would be a hard task. Here is a trial gif animation of a plane rotating about an axis and passing through a lattice which deforms it. I think it is possible, but how would you animate one side of the book getting thicker while the page builds up while the other side gets thinner as the page gets flipped over? Any ideas? The animation was done with Blender, btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool - what package was that done in?

Turan

Blender. Pretty cool once you get the hang of it.

Multiple page flip variation, this time with RVK's and keyframing. The resulting image sequence was then imported to Ulead's Gif Animator and edited to obtain an endless loop and produce an animated gif file. While projects like these may look simple, it helps me learn the various functions and quirks of Blender's animation system.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wowee... this is too cool... more info on this stuff would be cool GM...

Here's a book gif I did awhile back for my dad's webiste. I used Xara to make it.

JohnLogan.

Tutorials on Blender's animation features can be found on Elysiun. I'm still learning the stuff myself, but maybe I'll put together something sometime in the future. Basically, relative vertex key allows you to create mesh deformation sliders you can apply to your mesh objects at any arbitrary point in your animation timeline. So for example you have a cube, assign it a vertex key, edit the shape of the cube and you end up with a slider that deforms the cube from the initial regular shape to the shape you tweaked it to. I think this is used mostly for facial animation.
    Great book animation, John . Yep, 2d or 3d, it doesn't really matter as long as you get the result you're after.