Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Why Xara Designer Pro+

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I do hope Xara fulfils its earliest promises around it.
    Xara Xtreme LX taught me to believe in what happens rather than what's supposed to.

Thanks for the responses...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Why not answer them here? We all have the same questions as Sheridan. Building trust.
    OK, good point. It's kinda good to know I am not alone in my frustration/quest/madness!

& @Matt...

I've had a little look-about herein, and I've not said anything new... but the 'building trust' in Xara, the product and its support is key for any user.

These are front-line tools for users and their clients. As such all parties need predictability, reliability, rapid recovery/support, and longevity. The cost of software is mostly our usage - hopefully being productive rather trying to solve problems or 'features'.

When I looked online, I saw little to re-establish my faith in Xara's (Magix?) products (following my experiences so far, overall, with Magix etc). I just ended up more confused really.

Acorn's summary below (above?!) looks like it demonstrates the 'confusion' for users?
    Last edited by Sheridan; 04 December 2020 at 05:01 PM.

@Acorn

Thanks for the detail! It all comes across as a falling out.

If you have XWDP then a Xara offer to move to XPro+/Cloud+ will factor in the cheaper cost of XWDP vs XDPX. The fact Xara is offering an extension at all is actually generous. 16 weeks is 40% of your remaining Magix Update Service period (I am guessing 40 weeks).
    Yes, it seemed like that. i might have the details incorrect, can't recall... But it didn't totally negate the annual 'subscription' that I'd paid just 2-3 weeks earlier. The offer is better than nothing for sure, but I was still being asked to pay for something twice (XWDP), albeit for part of the year. When I tried to work out how they'd arrived at the period, it seemed to be based on the 50% discounted pricing.

This meant the concerns/gains mentioned would be the only enticement (Xara for support, Cloud features, etc) for me to swap over to Pro+ etc.

Promotion-driven
    : yes. DOnt get me started on the advert popping up in my paid-for software! (think I disabled it OK).

I think I just need the time to try out Pro+, Cloud+ etc: I'm just not looking forward to a similar pain-barrier.

Thanks again.

So I am about to order the Xara Pro+ subscription to replace my subscription service with Magix. IMPORTANT QUESTION - I work with several other web and graphic designers. We all use Xara Designer Pro. If I move to Pro+ with a version of 20.x and they continue to use the Pro at version 17.x will there be any incompatibility issues? We frequently share the same files in shared cloud storage so we can all open and edit any of the files.

THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    So I am about to order the Xara Pro+ subscription to replace my subscription service with Magix. IMPORTANT QUESTION - I work with several other web and graphic designers. We all use Xara Designer Pro. If I move to Pro+ with a version of 20.x and they continue to use the Pro at version 17.x will there be any incompatibility issues? We frequently share the same files in shared cloud storage so we can all open and edit any of the files.
    THANKS!
    I switch between both regularly and they are 99% compatible.
    Obviously the latest v20 features (few) will not all function in v17 but you get a Warning. This is not the same as the notice that it was made in a later version.

I take files all the way down to v10 with very few issues.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I switch between both regularly and they are 99% compatible.
    Obviously the latest v20 features (few) will not all function in v17 but you get a Warning. This is not the same as the notice that it was made in a later version.

I take files all the way down to v10 with very few issues.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn