Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile page imposed over main page.

HELP! All of a sudden on one page, the mobile version is imposed over the main website page. It's just one page. I have uploaded the entire site (not just changed files) again. I made sure the Nav bars were pointing to the correct place (mobile or main). I even stopped sharing the mobile variant with the main variant.

Temporarily I moved the mobile content off the page so it won't repeat on the main page. I even deleted the page background, and after uploading again, it's readable, but the page background from the mobile site is still showing, and none of the links will work. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Have no idea where to go to find a bad piece of code. There are no placeholders on this page. Refreshing doesn't do anything, and it doesn't matter what browser.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Mobile page imposed over main page.

Hey Vicki

Make sure you refresh the page. Do a forced refresh, Ctrl + F5. And also try a preview in a browser you have not used recently.

This same thing happened to me last week and it totally weird.

Hey Gary,

Ok, this is weird. Somehow my Nav bar on Mobile got moved off the page, so none of them had a Nav bar. I moved it back, re uploaded, and everything is working fine. This IS totally weird. Thanks for responding. Hope all is well with you and Mary.

OK, looks like weirdness is continuing. If I go to the Contact page in my browser, then reduce browser size to Mobile, the contact page pops up in Mobile size. But, if I click on mobile Nav bar to another page and come back, the Contact page says "file not found". The URL says the file it's looking for is contactold.htm...

While trying to fix this problem earlier, I renamed the original file to "contactold.htm" and then made a new page "contact.htm" trying to fix the problem. Then I deleted the contactold.htm. I made sure the link in the Nav bar was to contact.htm, and in Xara it shows that. When I reduce the browser to Mobile size, the URL says contact.htm. BUT, if I navigate somewhere else and come back to the mobile Contact page, the URL says contactold.htm. I logged into GoDaddy and contactold.htm is not there. The Nav bar is set to contact.htm, the correct page. Also, the link to CU Online on the Mobile Nav bar seems to only work on certain pages, but it all works on desktop. I haven't a clue right now. Perhaps a beer will help? Link below.

https://centralccu.com/contact.htm

I visited this and it works for me. And it works on my iPhone in Safari. But what you are describing still sounds like a combination of changed pages and cached old pages.

Also, my eyesight is not very good and the navigation buttons on the mobile site are almost impossible to see. And I would think many credit union members will be in the same boat.

Ok, for some reason one page of the Nav bar on mobile did not have a correct link. (I have no idea why). Anyway, made sure it was same on all pages and it appears to be working now. No one has ever mentioned the nav bar size on Mobile. I can fix that, but totally afraid to do anything, now. LOL Thanks for the tip.