Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Google Sheets & Formatting Placeholders

The work we do at initiostar frequently requires us to reformat the display of Google Sheets using the embedded options.

There are several options that can be added or changed in the embedded string. This is a brief description of those options with two examples that focus on style (including enlarging content size) and selection of target cells within a spreadsheet.

https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/GoogleSheet/

You can hit the spreadsheet link to see it in its original format (from the web page) and compare with the published data - the data itself is live and uses the GoogleFinance API, but the principles work for any Google Sheet.

Maybe useful to some.

Gary

Default Re: Google Sheets & Formatting Placeholders

Very useful, thanks Gary. I got it to work nicely on the previous exercise. I found laying out the code in the xara placeholder window in the manner:

<iframe id="Test"

src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19GK9cJQhWKDKfr7bdzvxsJUTk8XwUtm7qRPAmovHQK4/pubhtml?

single=true&amp;

gid=0

&widget=false&amp;

range=A15&amp;

chrome=false&amp;

headers=false";

height="105"

width="285"

style=”border:none”

></iframe>
    made it simpler for my old eyes to manipulate and Xara appears happy to keep it in this format.

One issue I noticed is re the “HTMLClass=Enlarge”. It's fine in Chrome & Edge but in Firefox reintroduces a horizontal scroll bar which obscures the cell contents in your example.

EDIT: The smiley face is a colon+D
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Google Sheets & Formatting Placeholders

One issue I noticed is re the “HTMLClass=Enlarge”. It's fine in Chrome & Edge but in Firefox reintroduces a horizontal scroll bar which obscures the cell contents in your example.
    Hi Egg,

This seems to happen in preview mode, but appears to render correctly in any published version. You can increase the placeholder size to solve the preview issue, but it ends up being slightly to large in the published version. It's a few pixels either way.

Good that you found it useful.

Gary