Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Unkown PNG Error has occured

glad you finally got it sorted
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: Unkown PNG Error has occured

Quote Originally Posted by condor365 View Post
    Finally! Phew!!!

I got through to Magix on the phone and a kind person from Germany helped me to download a replacement copy of my original Pro x 17 with a new serial number to enter.
    i uninstalled the previous corrupted version using Revo uninstaller pro ( brilliant bit of software) gets rid if all hidden files
    the new re-installation was perfect and i am now using the reinstalled version of Pro x 17

Xara did offer me a 50% lifetime discount for the latest Pro X+
    which is £101 per year but if you don't renew after the year is up you can no longer edit documents within the Pro X +
    or you can only use the free cloud version which still wont let you edit documents. In essence if we need all the latest updates and best running software we need to pay a yearly fee which is consistent with many other web-design software platforms, any decent ones all want some form of yearly or monthly payment

I think I will stick with my Pro X 17 with out updates and just put up with the persistent annoying pop up update for now.

A huge thank you to Acorn and Handrawn for your support and helping and guiding me through this process much appreciated, without your help i would have screwed it all up for sure!!
    Kind regards
    Condor
    Condor, now you can relax you can think through the Xara offer.

These are the things you need to do immediately:
    • Assuming you are happy with XDPXv17, install it onto a second machine.
    • Do not uninstall any v16 as it is a different licence.
    • If you do not have v16 currently active on two machines, add it too.
    • You are in a good place as you can have v16 + v17 on one machine or all spread out over four.
    • If you have a text editor that can search across files then use it for "string=" for all files under C:\ProgramData\Xara\; this will list all you machine installs and the Licence Number.
    • Launch each Xara Desktop application (XDA) and go to the Local Designs Gallery (Shift+F10) and right-click on the Blue folder titles available and pick Download all. This grabs the On-line Content Catalogue content and stores it locally.
    • You can share these downloads across other XDA Caches or use a master and reference it from all.

When it it time for renewing consider Xara Designer Pro+ for a year or even a month to see if there are features you need.
    If not you can always revert to your v17 plus content, happy that you have secured a safe path.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Condor, now you can relax you can think through the Xara offer.

These are the things you need to do immediately:
    • Assuming you are happy with XDPXv17, install it onto a second machine.
    • Do not uninstall any v16 as it is a different licence.
    • If you do not have v16 currently active on two machines, add it too.
    • You are in a good place as you can have v16 + v17 on one machine or all spread out over four.
    • If you have a text editor that can search across files then use it for "string=" for all files under C:\ProgramData\Xara\; this will list all you machine installs and the Licence Number.
    • Launch each Xara Desktop application (XDA) and go to the Local Designs Gallery (Shift+F10) and right-click on the Blue folder titles available and pick Download all. This grabs the On-line Content Catalogue content and stores it locally.
    • You can share these downloads across other XDA Caches or use a master and reference it from all.

When it it time for renewing consider Xara Designer Pro+ for a year or even a month to see if there are features you need.
    If not you can always revert to your v17 plus content, happy that you have secured a safe path.

Acorn
    This is brilliant advice I will do just that many many thanks.
    Warm regards
    Condor

Hi Acorn,

Just tried to open my Pro X 16 on my PC and low and behold a pop error code -59 now the pro x 16 will not open ?
    does this mean i have to uninstall and reinstall that one too? how can this one all of a sudden be corrupted?
    How Odd?

Kind regards
    Condor
    Last edited by condor365; 16 October 2020 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Pro xX16 error code-59

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I hate to say it but to get this repeatedly sounds like a hard disk failing.Have you run chkdsk at all or or utility in recent times.
    What is happening with your on-line backup? You ought to be able to perform a file diff with that to see where the corruption is creeping in.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn

I have found out that one of my hard drives had a yellow warning for the health of the D drive 1TB 70% free
    found with defraggler from piriform (CC Cleaner ) it said to save important files and replace hard drive as soon as possible.

I have a clone docking station bought a new hard drive also 1TB i removed my hard drive from the PC and cloned the suspect drive to the new one after 6 hours it was completed i replaced the new drive and bingo it all works like lightning speeds etc.
    No more hangs /freezing up /error messages the drive was from 2013 just got corrupted for some reason or just too old and hard worked!!
    you were right all along about my error messages!!
    Thanks again for your support always appreciated and a big thank you to Handdrawn.
    Condor

condor, great to hear.
    Backup everything and have a spare.

Acorn (from bitter experience)
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

you are welcome

and yes backup...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...